patrick2099

Reaction score
Nobody is demoing the Bogner Shiva or new JCM 800 models?

I would really like to hear some more of the new JCM 800 before I decide whether or not to buy it. Does anyone know how it compares with the original J800? Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Upgraded to the new firmware. Man, the global eq is a little hard to use. But, it's great that the values are not in percentages.

Anybody has luck with it?

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
ugh. That sounds awful. I'm sure the horrible cab sims play a big role. I'd like to hear my 5150 and Big Bottom tones with the treadplate cab because the cab they were paired with in the video makes them sound really unusable.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
I don't see any reason not to unless you want to do that kind of EQing in your DAW.

That's usually what I do.. Line 6 was kinda suggesting that its purpose was to accommodate the type and size of room you are playing in so you don't have to edit all your patches. If it can Low Pass and High Pass I'll for sure be using it instead of in my DAW to save on CPU.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
generally what I do with the 4CM is put the effects loop after the mixer, pan channel A to center and boost it 6 db, then mute channel B, and boost the return volume of the effects loop to max.

lewis

Reaction score
any update on when this is available for the regular Pod HD Pro?. Want that 5150 and the global EQ so bad!.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Hey you also do 4cm? How do you setup yours? I'm having a hard time getting unity gain on 4cm.

I have it set up with standard 4cm ins/outs, as well as the midi cable for channel switching.

I dont use any amp sims for my patches, everything runs through the 5153 preamp. For the clean channel, I set an EQ in front and run it at the lowest gain possible. This way I can run the 2nd channel with the gain at any position and still have a useable clean. This way I can set my levels by just using the volume controls on the amp.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Have you used the mixer to help with that?

Yes. But I am confused as to what values of Db I need to put in order for me to get the least amount of volume loss. There just seems to be a big discrepancy of volume in the effects loop. Some also say that I need to put studio eq somewhere in the chain.

generally what I do with the 4CM is put the effects loop after the mixer, pan channel A to center and boost it 6 db, then mute channel B, and boost the return volume of the effects loop to max.

These are my settings:

Mixer ChA- -4.5db panned center
Mixer ChB- -4.5db panned center
Put studio Studio EQ before efx loop block 150hz Bass +1.0db; Gain +8.2db
Efx Loop setting- No Change
Guitar Input Z 3.5M
Input 1 Guitar
Input Same
1/4 out switch set to amp
Guitar in switch to normal
Stack Power Amp mode
Inputs setup set to Global
Back switch set to Stomp
Master Volume 100%

I thought I had it good. Gigged for it for a while then I was forced to plug straight to the amp one gig, and I noticed a big difference with tone loss.

Im using a 6505+ with a serial efx loop.

I have it set up with standard 4cm ins/outs, as well as the midi cable for channel switching.

I dont use any amp sims for my patches, everything runs through the 5153 preamp. For the clean channel, I set an EQ in front and run it at the lowest gain possible. This way I can run the 2nd channel with the gain at any position and still have a useable clean. This way I can set my levels by just using the volume controls on the amp.

What are your mixer levels? No tone loss? Thanks a bunch for the help.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
^^^ MASS i've started using 4CM with a tube preamp - basically have the preamp in pod FX loop, same as 4CM, and what worked for me is putting the FX loop before the mixer, just before the de-activated amp model. This way i can use the mixer to adjust the levels, but most are set at 0 anyway. I found it useful to compare my 4CM patch level to another patch that is using a model since I plan on using models instead of preamp on certain patches.

There is definitely some tone suck vs amp only, but I chose to ignore it and just go with the the tone i'm getting, which is still really good. I basically stopped comparing 4CM to pure amp, and just went after good tone instead of trying to match the pure amp tone - and i'm getting good tones without the headache as a result..

This does not mean RIP's method or plugging the FX loop in after the mixer may not work better, just what is working for me.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
^^^ MASS i've started using 4CM with a tube preamp - basically have the preamp in pod FX loop, same as 4CM, and what worked for me is putting the FX loop before the mixer, just before the de-activated amp model. This way i can use the mixer to adjust the levels, but most are set at 0 anyway. I found it useful to compare my 4CM patch level to another patch that is using a model since I plan on using models instead of preamp on certain patches.

There is definitely some tone suck vs amp only, but I chose to ignore it and just go with the the tone i'm getting, which is still really good. I basically stopped comparing 4CM to pure amp, and just went after good tone instead of trying to match the pure amp tone - and i'm getting good tones without the headache as a result..

This does not mean RIP's method or plugging the FX loop in after the mixer may not work better, just what is working for me.

Yeah. I get what you mean. For a year now, I got a useable tone. I mitigate the tone suck with the graphic eq post amp and just get back some of that low mids that are lost and tame the digital fizz. It's a good tone frankly but when compared to direct amp, the difference is huge.

I've read about people having good 4cm experiences with EVH 5150III so maybe their setting would work on my 6505+ with minimal tweaking.

I just hope the 4cm in the HD500x is as straightforward as in my RP1000. That was just plug and play and the tonesuck is very very minimal. But the effects in the POD are just much better.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
Best 5150 demo I've heard so far.

Guitar only demo of their patches with the new amp models

EDIT: hold up... these guys created 12 new custom patches with the new amp models. You can actually purchase them... Appears to be a couple of Italian guys who make these custom presets for POD HD and other amp modelers.
POD HD 500 X Metal Update Vol.1

Choptones Metal Update Vol.1 for Line6 Pod HD 500 X

"In this new pack we engineered 12 patches using 3 of the new amp simulation (Peavey 5150 block logo / Line 6 Purge/ Line 6 Fat Bottom).
Patch list:
5051-DOUBLE (Double hard panned Peavey 5150, pure intense Peavey sound)
5051-G12T75 (Double hard panned Peavey 5150, boosted through a standard Marshall 4x12 ab)
5051-MIDFOCUS (5150 and post-eq, great for modern metal rhythm)
5051-MIDFOCUS2 ( Same as above but with different eq and sound shaping)
5051-UBER ( 5150 with Ubercab for extra low-ends)
PURGE-SATAN (Great Line6 amp simulation, similar to new Randall amp production)
SATAN-5051-SOLO (Line6 Purge + 5150 and Delay for a smooth great sounding lead guitar)
SATAN-5051 (Line6 Purge + 5150 for hard metal riffing)
RANDY-RHY (Line6 Purge, nice scooped tone for rhythm)
RANDY-RHY2 (Same as above, different cabs)
FAT-SCOOP (Line 6 Fat bottom, great big distorted tone)
FAT-SCOOP2 (Same as above, different mics and settings)

N.B. You need HD Model Pack - Metal Pack enabled in your POD for use this patches!"