This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Usernames sucks

Reaction score
Could someone give me a step by step tutorial on how to reamp guitars using reaper (or any daw for that matter) and my podhd500. Also when i record dry guitars shuld i go: Guitar->1/4" cable-> interface OR guitar -> 1/4" cable -> passive di box -> xlr -> interface? What will sound the best?

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Could someone give me a step by step tutorial on how to reamp guitars using reaper (or any daw for that matter) and my podhd500. Also when i record dry guitars shuld i go: Guitar->1/4" cable-> interface OR guitar -> 1/4" cable -> passive di box -> xlr -> interface? What will sound the best?

Got a similar question. I haven't god a POD HD yet, but I'd like to know how to squeeze up its full potential when hooking it up to my PC. Just straight in via USB plugged in with the guitar, or do I put something inbetween ?

Usernames sucks

Reaction score
Got a similar question. I haven't god a POD HD yet, but I'd like to know how to squeeze up its full potential when hooking it up to my PC. Just straight in via USB plugged in with the guitar, or do I put something inbetween ?
Usb will do just fine. It seems like most pepole prefer to run a unit like this straight to the interface.

mongey

Reaction score
just got a 2nd hand HD500 and really starting to like it.

did some googling and stubled across MaAmBobo's guide and presets

some really great sounds there . Why Line 6 ship with such crap presets when there are people making stuff a hundred times better I'll never understand

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

I literally just posted the how to on the last page. You don't need anything but your hd500.

At this point I'm pretty sure that people just open the last page and if the answer they're looking for isn't the post directly above it, they ask again

I think my signature should include how to hook the pod to the power amp of a head as well as how to reamp and probably a couple other common ones.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!! It doesn't cost you money per search, so don't be stingy!!!!

End rant.

piggins411

Reaction score
Okay, ever since I've had my 400, I've had a lot of trouble making tones I'm happy with. I can never really get them quite "smooth" enough. For example, the lead tone at roughly 5:55:

Basically, they always come out kind of grainy. I'm using an SG, so I was curious if it was more my guitar or because of the lack of ability I have with the POD.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Just started using the dual amp setting and god damn are real tube amps this bright?
I've never had my ears hurt playing loud before. I've turned treble settings way down too.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I'm using two Uber's, one with the XXL and 57 on axis. The other is the treadplate cab with the 57 on axis. I actually got a really awesome tone out of it now. Very low gain, clear, and chon-ish.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Has anyone got a decent bass tone out of HD500? I think it's impossible for me to dial anything, that sounds good.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone got a decent bass tone out of HD500? I think it's impossible for me to dial anything, that sounds good.

I've got a decent bass tone that I started using on all my tracks. I even used the parametric to carve out a notch where the kick drum sits in the mix. I could post the patch later if your interested.

I used a combination of my ears and a spectrum analyzer to tweak it.