MaxOfMetal's Post Deemed "Dickish"

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
i don't care what anyone says my favorite fast type burger is still fatburger.

ate a lot of 5 guys in new york. that's also acceptable.

While we are on the subject of food, how come there aren't more fast artisanal hotdog sausage places around.

The only one i've ever been too is Top Dog in berkeley.

I'd take a bratwurst, a hot link, and a smoked apple sausage over 2 burgers any day.

eggy in a bready

Reaction score
i don't care what anyone says my favorite fast type burger is still fatburger.

ate a lot of 5 guys in new york. that's also acceptable.

While we are on the subject of food, how come there aren't more fast artisanal hotdog sausage places around.

The only one i've ever been too is Top Dog in berkeley.

I'd take a bratwurst, a hot link, and a smoked apple sausage over 2 burgers any day.
Top Dog is kinda trash. next time you're in the bay, go to Casper's.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, burgers have never been a revelatory culinary experience. While I have my preferences like everyone else and certainly heartily enjoy a good burger, if I eat one out of the house, it's primarily either because a) it's quick calories, or b) there's nothing else on the menu that I find preferable at the time. At that point, I'm having a burger no matter what, and as long as the flavor and texture profile roughly matches the historically popular hamburger archetype, I'm happy.

Except for that one time my dad ordered me a burger with blue cheese on it. Fuck that. And it was at the family get-together after my great uncle's funeral. Talk about insult to injury.

Last edited:

Necky379

Reaction score
Two for 6$ Whoppers

Taco Bell, #6 and one of whatever special new thing they put on the sign, Baja Blast only

McDonalds, just fries. Drunk, fries and many McDoubles

NYC pizza is overrated, New Haven has the best pizza. Pineapple pizza is for teenagers who have been waiting to say “oh it’s soooo good, I always get pineapple on my pizza” since the last time they said it. Greek style, pepperoni, extra cheese and Tabasco is the natural ED cure doctors don’t want you to know about.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Hold on, lemme grab a shovel.
73512F49-05AE-4D7E-8E2E-067AAB2A5B73.jpeg

Wassup? Wassup?

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I'm definitely over almost any "thick" burger. Steakhouse burgers, etc. Give me smash-style burgers, or give me death.

I'm one of those who couldn't tell the difference between grocery store ground chuck and super premium ground brisket and prime rib. But give me that ground chuck with, like, 39 toppings, and I'm a happy guy. Mushrooms cooked in horseradish mustard, sweet pickle relish, a honey Sriracha BBQ sauce, bacon, crispy onion strings and a fried egg on chiabatta with a parmesean frico? I'll take that over a 1/2lb thick steakhouse burger any day of the week.

For those who are so offended by pineapple on pizza, let's take a couple steps back. OK, so have you ever had a honey Calabrese sausage pizza? That touch of sweetness with the spicy is fan-fucking-tastic. Next time you have pepperoni or a spicy sausage pizza, add some honey. So to go the next step, ever have banana peppers/peperonchinis? They also bring a bit of tartness. Tart+sweet=pineapple. The best al pastor I've ever had also had pineapple. Not "traditional", but not uncommon, and amazing when done right. But I'd agree that MOST pineapple pizza is trash. Grilled fresh pineapple, and some GOOD ham? Yum. Canned pineapple and basically Oscar mayer lunchmeat? Gag.

As much as I generally dislike Burger King, mostly because nothing ever seems fresh...(i worked at one in 1995 and can proudly say it was night and day different than today). I gotta say, except for Popeyes, they are winning the fast food chicken sandwich war with their new hand-breaded chicken sandwiches. They need to get their Canada Only "Nashville Hot" version down here to the states ASAP. At McDonald's I'd rather have 2 McChickens. And on average, I like Wendyxs chicken sandwiches more then McD's or any of Burger King's previous chicken offerings. I'm not familiar enough with Carl's Jr/Hardee's offerings. Jack-in-the-box has too many other things to get to settle for their chicken. Not as many as Sonic, but still.

Last edited:

Dooky

Reaction score
I'm confused. Why is this thread allowed to continue and yet my thread about David Ellefson playing his skin flute over the internet was locked? My thread was much more music related and I was really enjoying coming up with euphemism for penis' and wanking.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I'm confused. Why is this thread allowed to continue and yet my thread about David Ellefson playing his skin flute over the internet was locked? My thread was much more music related and I was really enjoying coming up with euphemism for penis' and wanking.
I’m gonna take a stab at this and say:
A. All jabs at this point have nothing to do whatsoever with the original topic (hence the title change)
2. There’s every chance it’ll get locked (or perhaps moved) any moment now
D. Because SSO

I’ve never felt more connected to this online community - dicks unite!!
…er, you know what I mean… GET OFF MY LAWN!
;)

P.S. I’d say sliders ftw, but I’ve yet to find any good ones in the PNW. And while we’re talking about burgers and pineapple…

I had a teriyaki burger with a big ol’ slab of grilled pineapple like 30 years ago while on vacation with my family in Hawaii and it was dope (possibly because I’d never had anything like it). Every similar combination since has been nothing but soggy, too salty (or too sweet) sadness.

Lets get down to brass tacks with this shiz... LOCO MOCO; grilled onions or no?

Last edited:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I’m gonna take a stab at this and say:
A. All jabs at this point have nothing to do whatsoever with the original topic (hence the title change)
2. There’s every chance it’ll get locked (or perhaps moved) any moment now
D. Because SSO

I’ve never felt more connected to this online community - dicks unite!!
…er, you know what I mean… GET OFF MY LAWN!
;)

P.S. I’d say sliders ftw, but I’ve yet to find any good ones in the PNW. And while we’re talking about burgers and pineapple…

I had a teriyaki burger with a big ol’ slab of grilled pineapple like 30 years ago while on vacation with my family in Hawaii and it was dope (possibly because I’d never had anything like it). Every similar combination since has been nothing but soggy, too salty (or too sweet) sadness.

Lets get down to brass tacks with this shiz... LOCO MOCO; grilled onions or no?
Yes. A couple times per year I'll cook down a dozen onions for about an hour to make caramelized onions, and freeze them in ice cube trays. Putting them on burgers and in grilled cheese is awesome, but on loco moco is better.

Or...by "grilled" to you mean, like...a whole slice on a grill? Then no...too much "onion" for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts