NBA Thread

• Thread starter rummy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vstro

Reaction score
:ugh: that pretty much sums up on how I feel about tonight. Damn Lebron's elbow is all I have to say. hah

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Dear Boston Celtics,

As a Lakers fan, I hate you by default! :fawk:

But then I hate you more now for making me wake up at 7am on a Saturday morning (HK time) to watch your terrible, effortless, defenseless performance in game 3... I think I am going back to sleep some more now... geez... :mad:

Azyiu

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
celtics got spanked badly!!!! it is time to rebuild, they need longevity right now!!

Not exactly, what they really need now is heart... at least it looked to me they didn't have the heart for the game in game 3. :noplease:

By the way, despite playing poorly for most of the game, we got lucky at the end and took a 3-0 lead over the Jazz tonight... whao! :agreed: Still, we HAVE to do a better job on boxing out, covering guys like Korver, and utilize our bigs (Pau, Bynum and Odom) to the max!

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
The Celtics-Cavs matchup has been very tough for me. Normally I am a diehard Celtics fan, but i am a huge fan of LeBron James. I think he is the best player in the league and deserves to win a championship.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I think the Cavs pretty much just gave up on Mike Brown and each other by late 3rd qtr of game 5. You could just tell they were not even in sync in many plays.

Having said that, I am pretty sure LBJ would leave Cleveland now the way this season had ended. Especially after all the supposedly "right" players to surround him and none of them come thru the challenge. It is a pretty clear signal to LBJ to say, hey, I think I need a fresh start and go else where. Somehow I don't see him in a Bulls uniform.

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
Michael Jordan is Lebron's idol. Having said that, I think that he may go to the Bulls for that reason. He will def have to change is number though. There will never be another 23 on the Bulls.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Michael Jordan is Lebron's idol. Having said that, I think that he may go to the Bulls for that reason. He will def have to change is number though. There will never be another 23 on the Bulls.

Regardless where he goes next season, he already said he is switching to #6 next season.

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
Some Analyst are saying that the Lakers should pick up Lebron because Kobe is gonna need some help if he wants to beat Jordans 6 titles

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Some Analyst are saying that the Lakers should pick up Lebron because Kobe is gonna need some help if he wants to beat Jordans 6 titles

That's not going to happen. Not that the Lakers don't want him, rather there is no way in hell LeBron is willing to be the second banana.

On the other hand, the Lakers' the perfect starting lineup when everyone is healthy. By that I mean everyone is playing at their nature positions, and they all suit each other very well on court. Having said that, I think the Lakers really need a decent to good ball handler (not necessarily a pure PG) to replace or play along side with Fisher.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I think Mike Brown and Stan Van Gundy both made sort of a similar coaching mistake.

In MB's case, he somehow messed around with a rotation that won him the best regular season record in the middle of the playoffs, while SVG should have started Gortat or Bass at the 4, and slide Lewis over to the 3. That "twin tower" lineup actually seemed to slow down the Cs a little bit better than their usual lineup. I am not saying the Magic would have won game 3 with that lineup from the start, but their usual lineup didn't have ANY fight or fire at all.

Lakers bench should take note here. The Cs' bench hustle hard even when they are not scoring!!

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Do you think Kobe will stop the Celtics this time ?

The better question is will the Lakers as a team be able to stop the Celtics this time, if we do meet in the Finals.

Honestly, as a Lakers fan I certainly hope we beat the Celtics and repeat! :yesway: I also know it is not an easy task for sure. Having said that, I think we have a better chance to beat them this year than back in 2008 for at least two reasons.

1) We have home court this year, and so far we are unbeaten at home in the playoffs. Will it help alot? Maybe not, but it certainly better than starting a series on the road for sure!

2) We are alot healthier than we were in 2008! Bynum couldn't even play, and Ariza (our better one-on-one / perimeter defender) was still recovering from a season ending injury back in 2008. This year Bynum though is still hurt, but at least he is playing; and Artest is playing some pretty good D for us so far.

My biggest concern is our bench, as they are just very inconsistant, period! Worse yet, they have a tendecy in blowing lead... :noplease: so like I said in my earlier post, our bench must take note and learn how to hustle like the Cs bench!!