New 2 Channel Rectifier? - Badlander

• Thread starter protest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
That last Lark video DOES sound better. Honestly that one is the best one done yet. My only complaint would be that there isn’t enough treble dialed in. Even sans the treble the bottom held together and stayed pretty tight. I definitely need to check this amp out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That last Lark video DOES sound better. Honestly that one is the best one done yet. My only complaint would be that there isn’t enough treble dialed in. Even sans the treble the bottom held together and stayed pretty tight. I definitely need to check this amp out.

Yea, I like the tones he pulls out around 8:00+. That's the closest yet for doing it for me, and maybe that + a boost would be great. And there's still some hope for 6L6s making a difference.

Man, I really wish they had set it up for KT88s as well. I just feel like a KT88 recto would be crushing.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I can't get onboard that at all. The Rev C-F Rectos from the 90s are on a pedestal to most recto guys. The MW Rectos just nail everything right and IMO are the best ones made up to now. The 3 channel ones from the 2000s are great amps, but unless you buy a triple rec, the clean sound is lifeless and boxy.
Footswitch jack on the front disqualifies it completely from contention

efiltsohg

Reaction score
Ola's demo sounds good in the mix at the start, but I don't like the rest of it. Might be the mics he uses now.

edit: has a single person posting about "rev C" rectos in this thread actually played one, or just watched a youtube video? lol

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Ola's demo sounds good in the mix at the start, but I don't like the rest of it. Might be the mics he uses now.

edit: has a single person posting about "rev C" rectos in this thread actually played one, or just watched a youtube video? lol

Of course we just watch youtube. We're literally basing our entire opinion of the badlander on a whole other set of youtube video. If anything that we're on more equal footing for basing impressions of the rev C on it as well.

Drunkbag

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Another Ola video:

Sounds pretty good in this one tbh

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Nice video, it gives a good idea of the different tubes and i liked 6L6's the most.

The boosted sound is really cool but I think the settings are a bit too extreme on the gain.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion I just don't like Ola's impulse's. Too boomy for me.

I want to see some videos with Eminence speaker, I don't really care for most Celestion speakers. :coffee:

I couldn't agree with this more. I do not agree with Celestions.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Simul Class rules. :lol:

Cool amp, but I haven't heard anything yet that would steer me away from their other current offerings.

Latest posts