New 7-string Ibanez models for 2010!

• Thread starter bram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2010 ibanez
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I will literally kill for that RGD. It will be mine. And if it really is a 27'' that will just be icing on the cake because I am bored with 25.5'' now.

As for black, as much as it sucks, its a safe choice for a company, though a couple of extra options here and there would be great. That RGD in red chameleon would own.

Bare getting that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ibanez doesn't use numbers in the model names to indicate scale length. I highly doubt the RGD2127 is 27" scale.

The position of the toggle on that guitar seems full of fail to me. WAY too close to the neck pickup and right in the way of anyone who strums over the neck pickup. Then again, it's probably aimed at guys who have their hands locked over their bridge pickups. ;)

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
Ibanez doesn't use numbers in the model names to indicate scale length. I highly doubt the RGD2127 is 27" scale.

The position of the toggle on that guitar seems full of fail to me. WAY too close to the neck pickup and right in the way of anyone who strums over the neck pickup. Then again, it's probably aimed at guys who have their hands locked over their bridge pickups. ;)
^

:wub:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score

The neck does look long though. I'm just following specualtion earlier in the thread.

And this was covered in the other thread. Granted I'm not a big shredder so I'm not likely to have it bother me, but even so I don't think it would bother me anyway.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
hmm i had a thought, not very likely to happen, but what if BKP could make passives shoved into active soapbar housings, that'd be a sick option, THEN i'd probably jump on these new RGA's

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
hmm.... i'm gonna be the party pooper here.

RGD: okay, this is just super badass! the only complaint i have will be if it is ONLY black. ibby's 6 string finishes have been really unique the past few years, it would be so lame if they stuck us with black again. also, i'm not a huge 27 inch scale fan.

RGA: i'm terribly afraid they've fucked this one up. Looks like the same wizard II 7 neck with binding they put on the 7321's, which means the quality will be shoddy as all hell. also, shitty EMG knockoffs = FAIL. the only thing you could replace those with is other actives. can Ibanez seriously not understand that nobody keeps their horrible stock pickups anyway?

24 fret S: ....huzzah! that looks pretty sweet. only in black?

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
hmm i had a thought, not very likely to happen, but what if BKP could make passives shoved into active soapbar housings, that'd be a sick option, THEN i'd probably jump on these new RGA's

I had an idea somewhat like this earlier about gutting these emg style LoZ pickups and shoving bkps in there and sealing em :)

Zehailiu

Reaction score
I had an idea somewhat like this earlier about gutting these emg style LoZ pickups and shoving bkps in there and sealing em :)

Ace idea, if I knew how to do this I'd do it in a heartbeat, will probably attempt some weathered finish on the pickup covers too, in true BKP fashion.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
What about Blackouts?

why would i want to go active, been there, disliked it intensely

i found the exact pickup for me that works the best and that's the BKP ceramic Warpig

if ibby is throwing their own active design into this they really should have made passive sided ones, then at least the blackout crowd could get into them and the passive guys could also, again EMG limitations

Ace idea, if I knew how to do this I'd do it in a heartbeat, will probably attempt some weathered finish on the pickup covers too, in true BKP fashion.

i think it could be achieved

i've started thinking that maybe i could get some of my machining buddies together and discuss making active housings to retrofit passives, hmm

Mwoit

Reaction score
Wow, I'm tempted by that RGD! :yesway:

Hopefully they'll come out in different colours, black is a bit boring. :(

troyguitar

Reaction score
:lol: gratz Ibanez.

You got rid of the only decent production 7's with 22 frets and released 3 more black guitars! Exactly what I always wanted.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
why would i want to go active, been there, disliked it intensely

i found the exact pickup for me that works the best and that's the BKP ceramic Warpig

if ibby is throwing their own active design into this they really should have made passive sided ones, then at least the blackout crowd could get into them and the passive guys could also, again EMG limitations

i think it could be achieved

i've started thinking that maybe i could get some of my machining buddies together and discuss making active housings to retrofit passives, hmm

That would be sick, but I wonder how easy or hard it would be to take your regular BKPs and put them in covers like these yourself.
new_camo_739.jpg

I also wonder if BKP's imminent release of covered 7 string pickups will defeat the point. :lol:

Desi

You can't handle me!
Reaction score
Wait...these are U.S bound, right? Cuz if not, then Ibanez can eat a large dick, with a side order of hairy scrotum and a tall glass of dirty taint!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sigh... Count me out for the RGA7. If it's black with no maple top (no veneers) and has EMG style pups I'm outtie. Not to mention the W-II neck... just can't get along with those. Looks like an RG7321 neck with a RGA mahogany body with the Gibraltar bridge.... No thanks.

I wonder how the S7420 will balance now? They must have made the body thicker to balance the neck otherwise neck dive city.