New Custom 6'er in the Works! (Redwood/Limba whhaaaaaaa)

• Thread starter Watty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainLuckeyBeard

El Capitan
Reaction score
Literally just stared at the computer for the last few minutes going....whaaaa...... 0.o

That's unbelievably gorgeous. I love one piece tops and everything about this is so perfect....

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Literally just stared at the computer for the last few minutes going....whaaaa...... 0.o

That's unbelievably gorgeous. I love one piece tops and everything about this is so perfect....

Yeah, I did the same when I got his text with the pictures...it turned out both different and better than I thought.

And everything on this is "one piece" excepting the pieces of ebony that bind the interior of the horns!

ChrispyFinch

Reaction score
IMO should have gone with the Tiger BKP covers in retrospect. Would kill the blackness going on here though.

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
Well.
It seems as though I must replace my pants...
A moment please.

This. Just this. :bowdown:

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
IMO should have gone with the Tiger BKP covers in retrospect. Would kill the blackness going on here though.

Eh, the only other set I would have gone with was the Blackhawks. Anything would clash, as you said.

Hory sheet... Can I buy my first custom from you? :lol:
Looks amazing, man!

You do realize I didn't build this, right?

DISTORT6

NJ DEVIL
Reaction score
Just amazing.
That's one helluva piece of wood. It just POPS! :eek:

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
The redwood on the headstock is a nice touch.

Yeah, I was really pleased that the piece he picked had as much curl as it did. Really sets the body off as it was able to pull all three shades of brown instead of just one or two as it would have if it were less curly.

And I'm not sure if he's already done something with it or no, but technically, he's got another piece of redwood that came from this same billet....just saying. :lol:

ChrispyFinch

Reaction score
Do you mean a Bengal Tiger?

Edit: Commence with the "THEEEEYYYYY'RRRREEEE GRRRRRRRRRREAT!" Jokes.

sex-panther.jpg

I had to with all this ebony.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Pretty sure it was like a jewelers' saw? Not sure, but I think that's what the general sort of tool is called...

(Based on the pictures he's provided me)

That makes sense, how about the cavity in the neck itself for the inlay? It seems like such a tight fit. I suppose it's probably a pretty rudimentary process, but I've never seen it done, so sorry for the ignorance!