NHL 2016-2017: World Cup of Hockey

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
My understanding of Tampa's cap situation is that they were expected to part ways with 1 important player, circumstances forced it. Yzerman has gotten too attached to "The Triplets" because if were smart, he should have shipped off Johnson instead.

Still not a bad move, Hedman has been they're only consistent defenceman in terms of time spent with the club. Sergachev is projected to be one hell of a defenceman, he would almost certainly have started next season with the Habs after only spending one year in the minors. Tampa will need a 2nd defenceman to shoulder the burden long-term.

I'm even happier about this trade since I realized Drouin is only 22 years old. Also just found out he signed a 6year/33mil contract ($5.5 average), good and fair contract for both parties.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still looks like a win for the Habs, proven forward under a long term deal for a defenseman that while he has a ton of potential is unproven in the NHL.

Speaking of unproven potential I wonder if Pouliot will finally see some NHL ice time next year or if they're giving up on him... he's an RFA so I guess we'll at least get a clue soon based on if they qualify him.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Not sure I understand ridding Beaulieu for a 3rd round pick, last resort deal I guess to dump a contract on salary increase.

Pav

???
Reaction score
What does everyone think of the new jerseys? Many seem to hate them but I think they look almost identical to the past 5+ years with the exception of a few.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think of the new jerseys? Many seem to hate them but I think they look almost identical to the past 5+ years with the exception of a few.

Most of them look like Chinese knockoffs of the actual jerseys.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
White gloves must never be worn.

19399304_10213158715825219_8302703108907628737_n.jpg

Pav

???
Reaction score
Huh, maybe I need to look at a larger image of the new ones.

The white gloves with the Knights' uniforms look ridiculous though.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
And here I was thinking black/gold is an impossible color combo to screw up :ugh:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
And here I was thinking black/gold is an impossible color combo to screw up :ugh:
Theoretically, 3 colors is the perfect combination. A 4th is sometimes understandable, but 5 colors? The white gloves look completely out of place and the grey/black combo could have been killer if there was less going on.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Theoretically, 3 colors is the perfect combination. A 4th is sometimes understandable, but 5 colors? The white gloves look completely out of place and the grey/black combo could have been killer if there was less going on.

It's 6 if you count that there's two different colored grays on it as well, look at the shoulders vs the ring going around the armpit area

imrs.php

Pav

???
Reaction score
I'll miss the Flower, but the time had come for him to pass the torch. Word on the street is he's going to be the Knights' marquee player for the foreseeable future...at least the closest thing they have to one. They're stockpiling so many draft picks they should have an insane crop of prospects over the next few years.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am definitely happy for him that he's going to be a starter in Vegas and hope they do great... and I completely get that the Pens need to move to younger / cheaper players where they have viable alternatives. Vegas has a decent roster so it will be interesting seeing how they do next year.

Murray is a fantastic goalie for the Pens, but I'm concerned that he's ready to play 60+ regular season games and still look solid in the playoffs. We'll find out next season though.

I am curious to see if the Pens end up signing a veteran goalie to back Murray up for next year as Jarry didn't look NHL ready in his debut, and while the guys in WBS look to be some amazing talents they are really young and inexperienced at this point. The good thing about it is that it looks like the Pens have a really deep talented pool of young goalies to draw from in the future.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I am definitely happy for him that he's going to be a starter in Vegas and hope they do great... and I completely get that the Pens need to move to younger / cheaper players where they have viable alternatives. Vegas has a decent roster so it will be interesting seeing how they do next year.

Murray is a fantastic goalie for the Pens, but I'm concerned that he's ready to play 60+ regular season games and still look solid in the playoffs. We'll find out next season though.

I am curious to see if the Pens end up signing a veteran goalie to back Murray up for next year as Jarry didn't look NHL ready in his debut, and while the guys in WBS look to be some amazing talents they are really young and inexperienced at this point. The good thing about it is that it looks like the Pens have a really deep talented pool of young goalies to draw from in the future.
They can have one slightly used Kari :yesway: