Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
52541594_1701214606691745_8150134472080097280_o.jpg

Looks amazing Paul, great job!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Spiritual kindred, if not biological. I'd also be surprised to find out that Dylan would accept Holmgang as currency for builds.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
He picks a previous customer as a champion, it's why people are always going "ohh, these cool Daemonesses disappear off into peoples bedrooms and we never see them again".

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
It looks like Orsmby has finally gotten around to copying Daemoness...

View media item 1755
How is that copying? because both are using laser cutters?
perry has been playing around with his laser cutter for a few years now. He did a dance of death guitar and a beheaded goliath backplate for some custom guitars a while back.
45809668_10160837613870618_3851230069754167296_n.jpg

36846647_10160383674115618_6250645147738963968_n.jpg

24232769_10159472753650618_6357774156978602122_n.jpg

Last edited:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any confirmation that Dylan uses a laser cutter? I always thought he painted those portrait tops.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
How is that copying? because both are using laser cutters?
perry has been playing around with his laser cutter for a few years now. He did a dance of death guitar and a beheaded goliath backplate for some custom guitars a while back.
45809668_10160837613870618_3851230069754167296_n.jpg
I don't have a dog in the laser engraving fight, but I've got a bone to pick with that jack placement. Headless guitars remain over my head.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
I'd say the choice of stuff to laser cut makes it hard to believe he didn't take the idea from Dylan. Well, you know, with Perry it's "satire", not copying.

Exactly. That style of medieval horror art is pretty synonymous with Daemoness in the custom guitar world. To say that they "both do laser cutting" is missing the point. Also, I think Dylan either does painting or wood burning of his art by hand.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Exactly. That style of medieval horror art is pretty synonymous with Daemoness in the custom guitar world. To say that they "both do laser cutting" is missing the point. Also, I think Dylan either does painting or wood burning of his art by hand.
Perry was literally using a bunch of famous woodcuts from Hans Holbein called the dance of death series. People interacting with death is a super common theme in medieval art, especially during the time of the black plague, where there were tons of paintings, woodcuts, and other triptychs that show death interacting with people. Just because Dylan has utilized a woodcut style in the past doesn't mean he owns that particular style (which is actually a number of different styles depending on the timeframe) or that Perry is copying him. That'd be like saying no one else can make norse knotwork covered guitars besides Hutchinson since he's the most famous for having done it on gibsons.
Maybe learn a little bit about the actual art before you talk out of your ass.
The two of them occupy very different spaces in the guitar realm as far as I'm concerned, since no one is going to Perry for intricate hand painted artwork or insane inlays, and no one is going to Dylan for blackmachine copies/headless guitars.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
Perry was literally using a bunch of famous woodcuts from Hans Holbein called the dance of death series. People interacting with death is a super common theme in medieval art, especially during the time of the black plague, where there were tons of paintings, woodcuts, and other triptychs that show death interacting with people. Just because Dylan has utilized a woodcut style in the past doesn't mean he owns that particular style (which is actually a number of different styles depending on the timeframe) or that Perry is copying him. That'd be like saying no one else can make norse knotwork covered guitars besides Hutchinson since he's the most famous for having done it on gibsons.
Maybe learn a little bit about the actual art before you talk out of your ass.
The two of them occupy very different spaces in the guitar realm as far as I'm concerned, since no one is going to Perry for intricate hand painted artwork or insane inlays, and no one is going to Dylan for blackmachine copies/headless guitars.

My point is that if I started making guitars tomorrow with norse knot work on them you'd be well within your rights to say "you're copying Hutchinson", especially if the entire rest of my business was making copies of guitars popularized by other builders.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The two of them occupy very different spaces in the guitar realm as far as I'm concerned,

100%. One of them occupies the space of creating original designs, some of them featuring incredible original artwork (executed by an amazing artist), others homages to some of the most metal artwork throughout history. The other occupies the space of being Perry Ormsby.