Padalka guitars

• Thread starter thinkpad20
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
It is here!

I got the guitar yesterday, and left work early to experience it in its full glory. I spent the better part of yesterday and today playing it, and I can confidently say this is the best guitar that I have ever played.

I'll post a full NGD in a few days, including the small collection I've picked up in the last few weeks. Before I go any further though, the pictures.

pESzupn.jpg

DMFQbRx.jpg

2q3myog.jpg
[/IMG]

xQXTSjf.jpg

LXAmiP8.jpg

bj1AmKG.jpg

zY2qI1I.jpg

Album of my pics: (bonus gif of my cat)

https://imgur.com/a/EMP1WTo

and Simon's (much better) album:

http://padalka-guitars.com/space-gallery-10/d

Guitar Spec's:

scale – 25.5″-27″ (9 fret neutral)
number of frets – 24
number of strings – 7
model – Space
headstock – A-2

Body:

construction – solid body
material – African Mahogany one piece
top – Burl Maple, 16mm

Neck:

construction – set in, 7 pieces
material – Wenge / Mahogany
thickness – 18mm (1 fret), 20mm (12 fret)
profile “U”
fretboard material – Macassar Ebony
fretboard radius – compound 10-16″
frets – Jescar Stainless Steel 2.79×1.45mm
side markers – luminlay dots
fretboard binding – 1 ply curly maple
nut – Hipshot Zero Friction

Pickups:

BKP Rebel Yell

Electronics:

volume
5-way lever switch

Hardware:

tuners – Schaller M6
bridge – Hipshot Hardtail
wooden knob
Schaller straplocks

Finish:

Oil + wax
Body, headstock – gloss (polyester)

Weight:

3,58 Kg

This guitar is absolutely unbelievable. I really don't know how to describe it other than perfect. I know I haven't had it long, but over the years I've owned a ton of guitars, and in the last few months I've picked up some really quality stuff from Ibanez, EBMM, Dell'isola, and earlier this year I had a Kiesel K-Series made. None of them are at the same level as the Padalka imo, except maybe the Dell'Isola, and still the Padalka is clearly nicer. I didn't expect that a guitar could really be so much better than the others in my collection, as each is a very nice guitar, which I am happy to own. The care and craft that Simon puts into this is really something spectacular. I've sat waiting for the last year, reading reviews, watching as my own build progressed, and waiting patiently for each picture, and it was completely worth it. Even still, when I first opened the case, when I first held it, and when I first started playing I was blown away. Honeslty, I can't believe he is selling these guitars for as cheap as he is. The fact that you can get a guitar from him in the same price range as most of my other guitars is a complete joke.

As important as the quality of his work, I just want to point out again the quality of Simon's business practices. His communication is fantastic, I received a reply to every email I sent him within a day. He always seemed engaged, and invested in the project. Where unlike Kiesel, and it seems a lot of the other semi-custom guitar shops, will build whatever you spec out, Simon's builds are much more of a collaborative effort. He gave me a timeline for completing the guitar, and kept to it with delivery when it was quoted. His baseline price of 2k is almost absurdly low for the quality, and even sitting on the higher end of his builds, the pricing is super reasonable. I really respect his system of taking one year's worth of builds on at a time, unlike other shops that will take deposits with queues that stretch into multi year projects. I know we have been over it before, but it's really something to respect that he sits in the intersection of a great luthier and decent business person. I plan on buying another guitar from him, and can't think of any company I would put a recommendation behind as strongly as Padalka.

Also, look at that wiring job. Fantastic.

Perfect build spec, congrats.

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
It is here!

I got the guitar yesterday, and left work early to experience it in its full glory. I spent the better part of yesterday and today playing it, and I can confidently say this is the best guitar that I have ever played.

I'll post a full NGD in a few days, including the small collection I've picked up in the last few weeks. Before I go any further though, the pictures.

pESzupn.jpg

DMFQbRx.jpg

2q3myog.jpg
[/IMG]

xQXTSjf.jpg

LXAmiP8.jpg

bj1AmKG.jpg

zY2qI1I.jpg

Album of my pics: (bonus gif of my cat)

https://imgur.com/a/EMP1WTo

and Simon's (much better) album:

http://padalka-guitars.com/space-gallery-10/d

Guitar Spec's:

scale – 25.5″-27″ (9 fret neutral)
number of frets – 24
number of strings – 7
model – Space
headstock – A-2

Body:

construction – solid body
material – African Mahogany one piece
top – Burl Maple, 16mm

Neck:

construction – set in, 7 pieces
material – Wenge / Mahogany
thickness – 18mm (1 fret), 20mm (12 fret)
profile “U”
fretboard material – Macassar Ebony
fretboard radius – compound 10-16″
frets – Jescar Stainless Steel 2.79×1.45mm
side markers – luminlay dots
fretboard binding – 1 ply curly maple
nut – Hipshot Zero Friction

Pickups:

BKP Rebel Yell

Electronics:

volume
5-way lever switch

Hardware:

tuners – Schaller M6
bridge – Hipshot Hardtail
wooden knob
Schaller straplocks

Finish:

Oil + wax
Body, headstock – gloss (polyester)

Weight:

3,58 Kg

This guitar is absolutely unbelievable. I really don't know how to describe it other than perfect. I know I haven't had it long, but over the years I've owned a ton of guitars, and in the last few months I've picked up some really quality stuff from Ibanez, EBMM, Dell'isola, and earlier this year I had a Kiesel K-Series made. None of them are at the same level as the Padalka imo, except maybe the Dell'Isola, and still the Padalka is clearly nicer. I didn't expect that a guitar could really be so much better than the others in my collection, as each is a very nice guitar, which I am happy to own. The care and craft that Simon puts into this is really something spectacular. I've sat waiting for the last year, reading reviews, watching as my own build progressed, and waiting patiently for each picture, and it was completely worth it. Even still, when I first opened the case, when I first held it, and when I first started playing I was blown away. Honeslty, I can't believe he is selling these guitars for as cheap as he is. The fact that you can get a guitar from him in the same price range as most of my other guitars is a complete joke.

As important as the quality of his work, I just want to point out again the quality of Simon's business practices. His communication is fantastic, I received a reply to every email I sent him within a day. He always seemed engaged, and invested in the project. Where unlike Kiesel, and it seems a lot of the other semi-custom guitar shops, will build whatever you spec out, Simon's builds are much more of a collaborative effort. He gave me a timeline for completing the guitar, and kept to it with delivery when it was quoted. His baseline price of 2k is almost absurdly low for the quality, and even sitting on the higher end of his builds, the pricing is super reasonable. I really respect his system of taking one year's worth of builds on at a time, unlike other shops that will take deposits with queues that stretch into multi year projects. I know we have been over it before, but it's really something to respect that he sits in the intersection of a great luthier and decent business person. I plan on buying another guitar from him, and can't think of any company I would put a recommendation behind as strongly as Padalka.

Also, look at that wiring job. Fantastic.

It's gorgeous. :wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bmth4111

Reaction score
What are the necks like on the Mars or super strat bodied one? Are there different neck profiles?

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Simon has opened up the que for 2019. He says he wants to do 15-20 builds. Anybody jumping in? We just agreed on some specs so I’ll be in there.

Avedas

Reaction score
Simon has opened up the que for 2019. He says he wants to do 15-20 builds. Anybody jumping in? We just agreed on some specs so I’ll be in there.
I considered it but decided to hold off until next year at least since I didn't have any finalized specs in mind. He said he's doing another 10 or so in the summer though. What did you end up going with?

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score

Unfortunately I'll be missing this year. Was kinda bummed last week when the queue opened because I been sat here for almost a year waiting for the queue to open. Been mostly spec'd out for ages now, but deciding wasn't too hard since I would have been putting in for my take on an already existing guitar.

Last edited:

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'll be missing this year. Was kinda bummed last week when the queue opened because I been sat here for almost a year waiting for the queue to open. Been mostly spec'd out for ages now, but deciding wasn't too hard since I would have been putting in for my take on an already existing guitar.
There’s always next year; as long as the costs don’t jump too high. He was telling me that import fees on all types of material are starting to skyrocket so who knows when these will become too expensive to bring stateside. They’re already close to $5k once fees and shipping is paid.