Strandberg Boden in Japan!

• Thread starter rockstarazuri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MBMoreno

Reaction score
I recieved a mail today. there will be a launch of the Os series in europe april/may

This both saddens me, and hugely gladdens me at the same time.

Becau$e of rea$on$ of course. And because of affordable Strandbergs (that are a considerable amount of money still for me).

I'm curious about the prices they can pull off here

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
That's really interesting with all the Strandberg/Guthrie coincidences. Plus the vid of him playing a Boden 8 and going off the Aristocrats new set list, I believe they have a 7 string song or two. It'd be cool if he something with Strandberg.

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
I recieved a mail today. there will be a launch of the Os series in europe april/may

Hoping for some good news, but I smell some high prices in the air... It's still going to be better to order it in USA and have a friend ship it to Europe FedEx valued at $100/USED. That's the only way I can get back at the government for the ridiculous taxes!!! Take that!

Just roughing it out it's gonna be $1895 plus 23% Vat is $2330 plus 3.2% Import Tax = $2405. Not including the dealer fees etc. so best case scenario it's below $2500 in Europe.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Hoping for some good news, but I smell some high prices in the air... It's still going to be better to order it in USA and have a friend ship it to Europe FedEx valued at $100/USED. That's the only way I can get back at the government for the ridiculous taxes!!! Take that!

Just roughing it out it's gonna be $1895 plus 23% Vat is $2330 plus 3.2% Import Tax = $2405. Not including the dealer fees etc. so best case scenario it's below $2500 in Europe.

I don't think it's very smart to state that you're going to commit fraud on a public platform :spock:

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
*Ed Yoon stuff*
Wow, thanks for the link. Honestly this makes me interested in these again. The price was a bit more than I'd like for something from WMI, but I put a lot of stock in Ed Yoon giving these the thumbs up. The Rasmus stuff was indeed amazing, so if he's calling these a good value as well I am intrigued.

blanco

Reaction score

In theory there is no reason for it to be shipped to american to then ship it onto europe. There are plenty of amazing luthiers and shops in the UK alone that could take on the work and Ola may well have people in Sweden that can do the setup work. I mean the guys doing the work must be getting paid so it's basically just setting up some outsourced setup work.

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
I don't think it's very smart to state that you're going to commit fraud on a public platform :spock:

Technically the one sending it is commiting fraud, not the receiver :) And what if he actually buys it and wants to sell it to me for $100, cause he's a good buddy. Is that fraud if he states the truth ? ;) You can argue but I kid of course, forgot the smileyface. Noone wants to risk shipping something worth $2000 as $100 junk. I'm waiting for the Europe launch, but even if it doesn't ship to the USA then to Europe it's going to cost quite a bit more.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Ha, well I'm a little jealous of you guys who already got the shipment e-mail. A few days after I placed my order I emailed Strandberg to see if they had a tracking #, and Ola himself replied and said the guitars had just arrived in the states for final quality control and setup, and will be shipping out this week.

Super excited! :shred:

boogie2

Reaction score
So a lot of folks talk about the "slanted" EMGs? I guess the coils must be offset inside the soap bar case? They look like the stock EMGS as far as I can tell.

Are they the same dinensions as the stock EMGs?

I just ordered a Natural w/rosewood board, but I'm not sold on the 707s. Thinking about the x-bars which seem to be the same dimensions as the 707s. Thoughts, comments?

Sumsar

Reaction score
So a lot of folks talk about the "slanted" EMGs? I guess the coils must be offset inside the soap bar case? They look like the stock EMGS as far as I can tell.

Are they the same dinensions as the stock EMGs?

I just ordered a Natural w/rosewood board, but I'm not sold on the 707s. Thinking about the x-bars which seem to be the same dimensions as the 707s. Thoughts, comments?

EMG pickups are (as far as I know) bar / rail pickups, meaning that is it not 7 individual coils but 1 big one (please correct me if I am wrong)? Therefore stock emg pickups can be used on guitars with multiscale necks without misallignment of coils to strings.

On the 707s: While ordinary 707s are indeed garbage, the ones on the strandberg OS-7 boden is 707-X, which are supposedly alot better, so give them a chance :)

boogie2

Reaction score
EMG pickups are (as far as I know) bar / rail pickups, meaning that is it not 7 individual coils but 1 big one (please correct me if I am wrong)? Therefore stock emg pickups can be used on guitars with multiscale necks without misallignment of coils to strings.

On the 707s: While ordinary 707s are indeed garbage, the ones on the strandberg OS-7 boden is 707-X, which are supposedly alot better, so give them a chance :)

Yeah, I'm going to give them a shot, but I'm thinking about plan B. So far it's the Xbars or the Pegasus/Sentient combo. I like p'ups with real clarity. My faves are the high output (H2+) Tom Andersons and the Suhr p'ups. Something where you can really hear the nuances.

Guitarrags

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to give them a shot, but I'm thinking about plan B. So far it's the Xbars or the Pegasus/Sentient combo. I like p'ups with real clarity. My faves are the high output (H2+) Tom Andersons and the Suhr p'ups. Something where you can really hear the nuances.

I tried the Pegasus/Sentient combo and was not impressed. The 57/66 or Lace pickups sound the best to me in a Boden.

fortisursus

Reaction score
Just wondering. Has anyone else been having trouble with the strandbergguitars.com? I cannot seem to get past the checkout page. It just sits there loading, but nothing ever happens...

Update: Ordered one. Natural with rosewood board. I assume something was up and the page was timing out. I got through on my phone though. Kind of ironic that the strong computer with all the bells and whistles can't even load a page, but the Iphone has no problem.

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
Definately looking forward to all the NGD with good pics ;) I'm curious to see how is the quality on these and if it really is as top notch as people say. Mostly curious about the fretwork being those are SS frets on a korean guitar.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Definately looking forward to all the NGD with good pics ;) I'm curious to see how is the quality on these and if it really is as top notch as people say. Mostly curious about the fretwork being those are SS frets on a korean guitar.

Same factory as Schecter I believe, so the SS frets should be same quality as KM-7s and newer JF-7s, people have seemed pretty happy about those guitars, so I guess that is a good sign :)

AlexKhan

Reaction score
Hello, Ed Yoon here. Just wanted to say "Hi!" and chime in. Yes, I am handling the final QC, setup, repairs (with the aid of two very experienced techs with over 50 years of combined experience and who are very familiar working on Strandberg guitars), and shipping from my home in Southern Cal.

I have been working more as a consultant to Ola over the past few years and am very excited and happy to work with him in an official capacity to develop and grow the Strandberg business. It's still a very small operation but I worked in the boutique sector for 10 years at Tone Merchants and Suhr so I intimately understand what building a small guitar company is like

I also understand how the large scale and high volume sector works due to my 10+ years experiencee at Fender handling their imported guitars procurement and QC/setup operations. I'm essentially doing the same now for Guitar Center for the company's private label brands guitars. So all this experience falls right in line with what Ola is doing to offer new Strandberg guitars at more affordable prices.

The main thing in an operation like this is having clear and constant communications with the manufacturers in Asia. It's something I have done for many years and what I continue to do. Believe me, I'm quite the QC ass-kicker when working with the factories and I work very hard on making the factory floor managers and the workers understand our QC standards.

With the Boden OS line, I'm applying the highest QC standards possible and it is indeed a challenge working with managers and workers there who have not had to build to such high standards before. They need to be guided, managed, educated and trained constantly. What works here is that I'm of Korean descent and speak the language fluently when dealing with World and the factory managers and workers. I have known World's CEO and the key managers since the early-90's when I was at Fender and I can assure you that they aspire to produce the highest quality guitars possible and to become a world-class factory on par witht the very best factories in the US and Japan.

Ola and I also want to provide the best customer service possible and I will draw from my experience at Tone Merchants and Suhr to be easily accessible, be fast to respond and take care of any issues as quickly as possible. I am a firm believer in what Ola is doing and always like to work with a sense of passion in all my endeavors in this industry - whether it's my job at GC, working with Guthrie and the Aristocrats (I'm Guthrie's US manager and I manage the band's label business), or with Ola and Strandberg.

Again, I'm very excited to be working with Ola and presenting the new Boden OS line of instruments for serious open-minded and forward-looking musicians. Having been in this industry for nearly 25 years, I understand that a Strandberg isn't for everyone but that's cool. That's what makes the guitar industry so interesting. All I hope to do is provide the very best instruments possible at their respective price points (whether it's a $100 beginner acoustic or $3K+ Strandberg) and make people happy as they create music. The world needs more dedicated and serious guitar players and I look at growing that number as my overriding goal in the line of work I do. Thanks for your time.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Thanks for stopping in!

Though, per forum rules you'll need to pop your associations in your signature :)