JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I love this freakin' song, it's what brought me into Devin's music! I still get goosebumps when he hits that first long drawn out IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

I think the song that got me in to his music might have actually been The Mighty Masturbator. That song, and/or Hyperdrive or Supercrush.

Well now that I think about it, I should say those songs got me in to his recent stuff. I had SYL's City and Alien albums for a while, so actually the song Detox was what got me in to Strapping and Devin's music in general. :D Then later on I found out about all the Addicted and Deconstruction stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
My wife is a new-era Devin fan, she thinks Addicted!, Deconstruction, Ghost etc are amazing, whereas I think they're crap. For me, the important Dev albums are Infinity, Terria and Synchestra, he really had the magic going on these 3. Accelerated Evolution is essential listening too, but not quite one of my "holy trinity" of Dev albums.

I also have a cat called Devin, named after Hevy Devy, perhaps for obvious reasons.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
10527292_844957362196254_6144270608113680794_n.jpg

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Got my Casualties of Cool guitar strap yesterday.

Somehow I feel the sudden urge to buy a Telecaster for it.

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
This is the Devin Townsend megathread - Can someone who is a member of his forum (if he has one?) post about Jari Maenpaa's troubles? He needs help and advice anywhere he can get it, and a few on FB mentioned that Devvy would be willing to help (or at least give advice) if he knew what was going on.

ppinkham

Reaction score
This is the Devin Townsend megathread - Can someone who is a member of his forum (if he has one?) post about Jari Maenpaa's troubles? He needs help and advice anywhere he can get it, and a few on FB mentioned that Devvy would be willing to help (or at least give advice) if he knew what was going on.

If someone needs to communicate with Devin, then hit him up on Twitter. He doesn't participate on the forums anymore, and he isn't actively involved on his FB page.

His Twitter is @dvntownsend

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
Does anyone know what finish Dev's EMG's are? Brushed Chrome or Black Brushed Chrome? Hard to tell, and I can't really find decent comparison pictures between the two colours.

Originally I thought they were just Brushed Chrome but on further inspection they look a little bit darker and have a different shade to them. Possible that they're a custom finish along with the custom etching..?

Reaction score
Does anyone know what finish Dev's EMG's are? Brushed Chrome or Black Brushed Chrome? Hard to tell, and I can't really find decent comparison pictures between the two colours.

Originally I thought they were just Brushed Chrome but on further inspection they look a little bit darker and have a different shade to them. Possible that they're a custom finish along with the custom etching..?

Definitely black chrome.

Preacher

Lord of Beer
Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned in this fast moving thread before, but does anyone have an idea of when the Z2 April London tickets will be up for sale, the devy website has said sold out since it was announced and this is something I don't want to miss!