Richie666

Reaction score
....!!! Missed the Devin Townsend stream. Oh well, Emperor performing In the Nightside Eclipse is a fine consolation :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SD83

Reaction score
The streams will most likely be available for a few months in 720p ;) Hellfest is still online as well (Collections, third page), and I guess Wacken will be there for at least as long, so there will be plenty of opportunities.
Awesome set btw, I would have loved to see Ihsahn come on stage for Juular, but whatever.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Oh wow, I was reading Devin's Wikipedia pag and saw that he produced this kickass album. What can't this guy do?

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT SEVENTH WAVE!

I was not expecting that.

EDIT: extra dry vocals are a little strange.

EDIT2: that seems to be fixed. this mix sounds pretty damn good to my ears.. really enjoying the setlist. By Your Command sounds as good as it ever has. I really love how each instrument comes through loud and clear.

Experimorph

Reaction score
The mix is certainly unforgiving. I hope it was just a bad day for Devin, it seems like he was having some trouble with his high notes and false cord work, and he's been nearly flawless the seven or eight times I've seen him live - I'll forgive the one time the whole band had caught a cold, haha. One can only wonder how he can still do his thing after decades of tearing his voice apart.

However, I was amazed at how nicely he pulled off the vocals on Kingdom!

EDIT: I don't know if I should take that back, he only seems to get better towards the end!

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
The mix is certainly unforgiving. I hope it was just a bad day for Devin, it seems like he was having some trouble with his high notes and false cord work, and he's been nearly flawless the seven or eight times I've seen him live - I'll forgive the one time the whole band had caught a cold, haha. One can only wonder how he can still do his thing after decades of tearing his voice apart.

However, I was amazed at how nicely he pulled off the vocals on Kingdom!

EDIT: I don't know if I should take that back, he only seems to get better towards the end!

He did say he was straight out the studio and has said a few times previously he is working to a pretty tight and heavy schedule. I imagine he was probably beating the crap out his vocals cords in the studio, resulting in the first half of the set being a bit ropey.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
852.jpg

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
more interested in the 10/17/14 release date to Z2 than the tour line up.

Won't be going as:
1) No Houston date
2) DGAF about Monuments or AAL.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
more interested in the 10/17/14 release date to Z2 than the tour line up.

Won't be going as:
1) No Houston date
2) DGAF about Monuments or AAL.

I feel the same way, though I've missed Devin the past couple times he's been around, I'll be going anyway. Hopefully AAL closes the Seattle date so I can gtfo before AAL plays. To me they are very boring

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Devin said at the concert that he will finish the recording on Z2 tonight (that's sometime in the afternoon for you american guys).

Show was cool, but the club was too small and I couldn't see much but Devins head and some fat guys with giant curly hair in front of me :<
Nevertheless it was a great show!