The Mirror

Reaction score
Show was cool, but the club was too small and I couldn't see much but Devins head and some fat guys with giant curly hair in front of me :<
Nevertheless it was a great show!

Guess you were in the Luxor in Cologne? I was there, too, but in the first row and it was just the best concert I ever attended. Devin was constantly shaking hands and talking to us while playing and my friend next to me literally had Devins privates constantly in his face. :lol:

Also, Devin just going through the audience while playing the instrumental part in Planet of the Apes was ridiculous.

But yes, the club is tiny as hell...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
Just got tickets for the Chicago date. Haven't seen him do solo stuff, only saw SYL a few times. I can't wait.

I'm more exited about this than I am about vacation in Oct.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Devin posted a ton of info on his Twitter. https://twitter.com/dvntownsend

The DTP disc is called Sky Blue, Ziltoid disc is called Dark Matters, Anneke is back!

Just the fact that Anneke is in the fold again makes me super stoked (like I wasn't, already :lol: ).
Everything she's done so far with Devin, I've loved to bits. Their chemistry is just phenomenal, and I REALLY look forward to hearing these results!

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
FRANKFURT PEOPLE, I COMMAND THEE
12 HOURS UNTIL THE FARTENING

PREPARE YOUR FINEST CUP OF COFFE

....because I for some reason was completely unable to sleep this night, not even kidding. Hope to get some shuteye during the day to prepare for ZILTOID

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Man, I fall in love with Addicted more and more every time I listen to it. Devin fuses metal and pop in a way that power metal bands can only dream of. What a masterpiece.

Late edit, but does anybody know the secret to Devins acoustic sound? Does he run it through the Axe-Fx and just slap a bunch of delay and reverb on it?

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
Thinking of tackling some Physicist stuff, then I remembered it's in a funny tuning. Can anyone confirm what it is? I'm sure it had something to do with AAA or something.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I usually don't play anything terribly odd (progressive) around my girlfriend or my friends but I played a few songs from Epicloud and Deconstruction for my lady and I was happily surprised because she really like everything she heard. Next thing I know she's spent way too much money on Amazon and now owns most of Devin's discography ! :lol: She bought 2 VIP tickets for the Dallas date so she can gush over being in his presence :yesway: I got lucky, for sure.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I usually don't play anything terribly odd (progressive) around my girlfriend or my friends but I played a few songs from Epicloud and Deconstruction for my lady and I was happily surprised because she really like everything she heard. Next thing I know she's spent way too much money on Amazon and now owns most of Devin's discography ! :lol: She bought 2 VIP tickets for the Dallas date so she can gush over being in his presence :yesway: I got lucky, for sure.

Wife her... wife her hard.

soliloquy

Reaction score
just got my copy of devin townsend unplugged and signed by the man. i'm liking it so far. unlike most of his other stuff, i dont have to listen to this a couple of times to get the feel of it. most of the songs i've heard before, so i'm familiar with them, just with an acoustic sound so its pretty cool

Exiterrr

Reaction score
Im going to the closing Show in San Francisco. I saw SYL back in the day but never DTP. I cant wait! If anyone else is going lets meet up for a beer before the show.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
My Girlfriend knew I was a huge Devin fan and got me tickets for me and her for my birthday. She didn't care for him at all before giving me tickets, then decided she should probably listen to his stuff before going to the concert and spent a month listening to everything from Ocean Machine to Epicloud.

After the show, she said it was the best concert she had ever been to, and just yesterday said she wanted to go watch him again.

I don't know what it is about Devin's music and live shows, but it seems to be really appealing to a lot of people who normally aren't into that stuff. I mean, there were SO many couples at the Frankfurt show. I've never seen so many people at a metal show with their girlfriend.

Devin Townsend, man. Spreading the love, bringing people together.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
My Girlfriend knew I was a huge Devin fan and got me tickets for me and her for my birthday. She didn't care for him at all before giving me tickets, then decided she should probably listen to his stuff before going to the concert and spent a month listening to everything from Ocean Machine to Epicloud.

After the show, she said it was the best concert she had ever been to, and just yesterday said she wanted to go watch him again.

I don't know what it is about Devin's music and live shows, but it seems to be really appealing to a lot of people who normally aren't into that stuff. I mean, there were SO many couples at the Frankfurt show. I've never seen so many people at a metal show with their girlfriend.

Devin Townsend, man. Spreading the love, bringing people together.

i took my best friend to see Bodom, Septicflesh, Obscura and DTP. He loves Bodom and SF, doesn't like Obscura, and had no interest in DTP. Needless to say, after the show all he could talk about was DEVIN FVCKING TOWNSEND