Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
im in a three way choice for my next guitar
Long & McQuade - Jackson Guitars SLXT Soloist Electric Guitar - Transparent Black

Long & McQuade - Jackson Guitars Jackson SLX Soloist - Natural

Schecter Guitar Research Damien Elite 8-String Electric Guitar | Musician's Friend

i play just about anything thats metal and some normal rock stuff but not very much. The two jacksons have different pickups and one has a floyd. I do alot of string bending but rarely use a tremelo because i mainly focus on getting a nice tigh rhythm going rather than some trem stuff but having one would be nice.

and the third guitar is an 8 string which ive been thinking about getting for a few weeks now and i keep wanting to get within that range that only the 8 string allows and listening to alot of animals as leaders lately hasnt helped me concincing my self that i dont need one.

please reply with some helpfull advice.

Endresen94

Reaction score
This is my dilemma:

Sell my RG7321 and buy a custom Carvin DC700.

Keep my RG7321, and buy new pickups, nut, saddles, tuners, and refret it.

Keep my RG7321, sell my Ibanez SAS32EX and buy a RAN Crusher 6.

Please help me, I have no clue what to do.

Dropsonic

Black Hole Refugee
Reaction score
This is my dilemma:

Sell my RG7321 and buy a custom Carvin DC700.

Keep my RG7321, and buy new pickups, nut, saddles, tuners, and refret it.

Keep my RG7321, sell my Ibanez SAS32EX and buy a RAN Crusher 6.

Please help me, I have no clue what to do.

I'd definitely either go for the Carvin or the RAN, which both are high mid/high end guitars.

anima

Reaction score
Hey there !

Firstly, I didn't speak english in a while, so i apologize for the mistakes ^^'.

I'm going to buy my first 7s. And i can't choose beetween the S7420 and the RG827Z :scratch: I've read good things about these two guitars, so i'm pretty lost.

I assume The RG827Z is slightly better build than the S7420 since it's a premium, but does that make a real difference?

The price is not what can help me, since it's pretty much the same price ( but i know that i might change the pick ups, ibby's Stock pick ups pretty much suck from what i've heard:lol:)

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 or Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7
That's right, I'll finally be a deserving member of SEVEN string .org :D

Hellraiser has a thicker neck, and I LOVE the Schecter 6 string necks, SLS has Blackouts where as the Hellraiser has EMG 707's, and the Hellraiser is 50 bucks less....

Metaljesus

Reaction score
Ibanez RGD7320z vz Ibanez RGD7421

Whats the difference? Except the obvious bridge and control layout.

Reaction score
Well guys,

My Vigier Shawn Lane Master Signature Excalibur (lowest action of any guitar on the market)

...or...

A Strandberg Production Model Boden 7 or Boden 8?

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Hey there !

Firstly, I didn't speak english in a while, so i apologize for the mistakes ^^'.

I'm going to buy my first 7s. And i can't choose beetween the S7420 and the RG827Z :scratch: I've read good things about these two guitars, so i'm pretty lost.

I assume The RG827Z is slightly better build than the S7420 since it's a premium, but does that make a real difference?

The price is not what can help me, since it's pretty much the same price ( but i know that i might change the pick ups, ibby's Stock pick ups pretty much suck from what i've heard:lol:)

I'd go with the premium. It will have better frets and action and that's what's important to me IMO.

The Jackson.

Schecter Hellraiser C-7 or Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7
That's right, I'll finally be a deserving member of SEVEN string .org :D

Hellraiser has a thicker neck, and I LOVE the Schecter 6 string necks, SLS has Blackouts where as the Hellraiser has EMG 707's, and the Hellraiser is 50 bucks less....

I'd go with the SLS.

Well guys,

My Vigier Shawn Lane Master Signature Excalibur (lowest action of any guitar on the market)

...or...

A Strandberg Production Model Boden 7 or Boden 8?

That's a tough one, I'd say Vigier if you want something now or wait for the production Strandberg.

Reaction score
^^^ thanks silver abyss. That is exactly what I am stuck on. My Shawn Lane Master Excalibur has the lowest action of any guitar on the market...but I just don't "feel" (and I have the action set as low as it'll go) and it just kind of bores me.

I'm not sure if I should keep it or sell it and buy a Strandberg and wait til freakin' January.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Ibanez RGD2127z Vs. Carvin DC727

Ibanez: Pros
-26.5 inch scale
-super thin neck with titanium reinforcement
-Bolt on neck (for me it's a pro, I like to travel with my guitars)
Cons:
Basswood
Price

Carvin DC727
Pros:
wood choice
made in USA
Price

Cons:
Thicker neck

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Ibanez RGD2127z Vs. Carvin DC727

Ibanez: Pros
-26.5 inch scale
-super thin neck with titanium reinforcement
-Bolt on neck (for me it's a pro, I like to travel with my guitars)
Cons:
Basswood
Price

Carvin DC727
Pros:
wood choice
made in USA
Price

Cons:
Thicker neck

Looks: RGD2127z
Scale Length (if that's important to you): RGD2127z
Build: Both (Jcraft isn't perfect but neither is Carvin)

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Looks: RGD2127z
Scale Length (if that's important to you): RGD2127z
Build: Both (Jcraft isn't perfect but neither is Carvin)

Yeah, I do need a real shredder. and the scale isn't that important, but I just remember how good my last 7 sounded with a 27 inch scale. also I'd rather have walnut than basswood

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I think the general consensus on this forum is that the RG7X2X series pretty much beats any Ibanez sevenstring that isn't MIJ or Prestige. So I'd definitely go with the RG7620.

No question at all, especially if the RG is in good condition.

Dropsonic

Black Hole Refugee
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where the S7420 was made.

According to the Ibanez Wiki, if the S7420 was made in 2010 and onwards, it's made in Indonesia. The older version was made in Japan.

You should go with the RG7620 in my opinion, especially if the S7420 is an Indonesian one.

Latest posts