Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Got 99 problems but a mesa ain't one.

12088066_955103461200196_1372067834974647422_n.jpg

NAD will follow once i've played it with the band.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Flying back home to cold Canada in a few hours. Had a f*cking amazing summer down here in LA but it's time to go back to the real world and keep on looking for a job. Just finished packing a little bit ago and that's a huge weight lifted on my shoulders. God I hate packing. :squint:

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
man, i can't wait to go to Canada too. 3/4 of my family, including my brothers, are there and there are so many more prospects there compared to ....ty Lebanon. today it rained for the first time in the season, and while i'm usually stoked at this time of the year, this time we're pretty terrified because of an ongoing garbage crisis we're enduring, and the dangerous consequences that rain will bring...

i posted on the wrong thread, didn't i ?

Kobalt

Reaction score
Woke up, found strings in my mailbox.

Realized USPS sent it to Sweden before it made it's way to Canada, as it has an "undeliverable" sticker from Sweden on the package.

....ing hilarious. :lol:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Two days until I get to go visit home for a long weekend. Which is nice to not only see my family and friends, but my mom and my sister have no problem watching my 2 month old son overnight, so myself and my fiancée and catch up on sleep.

Also, Fates Warning playing in Poughkeepsie while I'm back in the area :fever:

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
A nice big brown box was just left on my porch. :)

Also cool that my girl hasn't gone off to work yet because we have this "thing" that whenever anything arrives for either of us, that we "must" both be home so that we can enjoy the "grand opening" together. She and I genuinely feel that it's more special when receiving a package, that we open it together ( excluding small/ insignificant packages). Man... That really sounds lame when I type it out lol.

Long story short- I get to open up this guitar and jam out all day after she's gone to work. :hbang:

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Nah, that's a pretty cool little thing, dude. Keeps you guys supportive :yesway:

Also, NGD!

broj15

Reaction score
DEATH TO WRITERS BLOCK!!! after a few weeks of feeling stagnant I've churned out enough riffs to keep me and my band busy for a minute. Not to mention we had 2 practices last where not one single piece of gear fvcked up (for a while if it wasn't my switch going out or breaking strings it was either the bass amp getting "overheated", or our drummers kick pedals basically disintegrating). Should be recording within the month which is also exciting.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Nah, that's a pretty cool little thing, dude. Keeps you guys supportive :yesway:

Thanks, man. I appreciate that.

She and I are all we've got. We do have some family left as well as some close and dear friends but her parents are quite miserable, irresponsible, and sincerely vile people that she has banished from her life and my parents are both deceased. My own history reads like a lamenting portrayal of adventure, adversity, and madness but I digress.

So we both have a great deal of appreciation for each other as well as for others that have added color and definition to our own lives. We give back when we can and we count our blessings every day. We both live life knowing that it's indeed genuinely short in the grand scheme of things.

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
^:)
I'm sorry to hear that you don't have many other relatives, but it's awesome that you're in a genuine relationship, seems like a loving one as well, which is even better. :)

Also, happy because my dad gave me his old compound bow, and once I restring it, I can get into archery, which is as important to me as swordsmanship. :agreed:

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
^:)
I'm sorry to hear that you don't have many other relatives, but it's awesome that you're in a genuine relationship, seems like a loving one as well, which is even better. :)

Also, happy because my dad gave me his old compound bow, and once I restring it, I can get into archery, which is as important to me as swordsmanship. :agreed:

Thanks, man.

It's not always easy but I firmly believe the old saying that "strength is forged through adversity". I ( like many) will always bear the scars of a hard life but there isn't much lingering anguish. On really good days and on really bad days I miss them the most but aside from that, the loss is very manageable... especially with my fiance's love and support.

The looming wedding completely scares the crap outta me, but that's another story entirely lol.

Very cool that you've acquired your Dad's bow. All I ever got from my father was his double-wide duck feet and his dry wit lol. Archery is one heck of an exhilarating activity. Hope you find it rewarding.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I'm happy right now because I realized that over the course of the last 7 months, I've lost 55 pounds...I still have a ways to go before I'm at a healthy weight, but knowing I've made that kind of progress definitely brings a smile to my face, and inspires me to keep working towards my goal of living a much healthier life. :)

Kobalt

Reaction score
I'm happy and proud to own my second only book (the first being Dave Mustaine's autobiography), Corey Taylor's You're Making Me Hate You.

Hopefully I can read this as easily as Mustaine's, I'm not a reader so for me to get a book has to interest me A LOT. Have the attention span of a squirrel. :lol:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Two of my best and oldest friends got married yesterday and it was an incredible day. So much fun was had, and I had the honour of being the best man. I've had maybe 8 or 9 hours of sleep from the last few days, though, so I can't wait to get a full night of sleep tonight. :lol:

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
My downstairs neighbor complimented me on my guitar playing and said some very affirming things.

I didn't realize she could hear me. Oops. Well good thing she likes it then, but I'll still try to control the volume.

P-Ride

Reaction score
My girlfriend is a psychologist and recommends exercises like this; such as naming three things you're grateful for at the end of each day.

I am happy because I'm about to start recording our new tracks, with brand new gear!

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
I am going to pick up my new Harley on Tuesday!!!!! Found a 2000 Dyna with 4,000 original miles in minty minty (had to say it twice) condition. Sat in some dudes garage for 15 years..it's nos as far as im concerned.