Any Brits here?

• Thread starter hairychris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
As I've said in other places: this really isn't doing my depression much good! And according to my psychiatrist I am not the only one of her patients with all this crap on their mind either.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's an interesting race fo' sho'. Including the peloton getting accidentally tear-gassed by French police a bit earlier today!
And not even to protest Sky - the damndest thing! This has to be the first time in a Tour the dude in a yellow jersey got tear gassed - add that to the hazards of professional cycling.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

r33per

Reaction score
And not even to protest Sky - the damndest thing! This has to be the first time in a Tour the dude in a yellow jersey got tear gassed - add that to the hazards of professional cycling in France.
FTFY because it just wouldn't be British if one does not rubbish the French once in a while.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
FTFY because it just wouldn't be British if one does not rubbish the French once in a while.

Haha.

As a kid I used to go on family holidays to France in the 70s and 80s. Quite a lot of these were disrupted by fishermen blockading ports or lorry drivers blocking motorways.

The French are A+ at industrial disputes. The French police are also fairly well known for being quick to kick off too!

Last edited:

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
As I've said in other places: this really isn't doing my depression much good! And according to my psychiatrist I am not the only one of her patients with all this crap on their mind either.

No, please rest assured, you're not the only one who is finding this psychologically hard to deal with.

I just keep reminding myself when it's all over, at least Boris Johnson will keep good on his promise to contribute "350 Million a week to the NHS"... Wait, what's that you say?!??!?

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score

Definitely not. I'm an American who moved here about six months before Brexit. We were living in NL before and moved when my partner got a good offer from a university here. We were well on our way to getting permanent residence in NL but thought "no problem, the UK is still in the EU. It'll set us back a little bit, but once we get permanent residence there it will carry over and we'll be able to move back here anyway".

Six months later and so much for that.

Then a few months after that the US election happens.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
I'm British, but after I moved to Canada 5 years back, I've mainly left British politic behind. Luckily Canadian politics is even more boring than ours. They spend most of their time looking South for entertainment.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
GT is a monster. Always has been, but inconsistent on the TdF previously. He's still riding for Froome, although the longer he stays in yellow the more difficult the internal politics in the Sky team.
By the way, bumping an otherwise stagnant thread to say, holy shit, he actually pulled it off! :lol: What an epic performance on his part, though as a bit of a Sagan fanboi watching him limp across the line on Stage 19 was pretty gutsy, too.

Nick

Reaction score
Bumping to laugh at the hilarious immigration policy they are proposing.

'Highly skilled workers will be prioritised'

so all the gammon munching, tweed wearing c***s that voted for this will still have plenty to moan about seeing a lot of IT professionals, to name 1 out of an array of professions, tend to come from Asian countries.

If you ignore the fact we are absolutely fu***d it will be quite funny to laugh at brexiters in 10 years time when they are paying more tax and surrounded by more brown people.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Bumping to laugh at the hilarious immigration policy they are proposing.

'Highly skilled workers will be prioritised'

so all the gammon munching, tweed wearing c***s that voted for this will still have plenty to moan about seeing a lot of IT professionals, to name 1 out of an array of professions, tend to come from Asian countries.

If you ignore the fact we are absolutely fu***d it will be quite funny to laugh at brexiters in 10 years time when they are paying more tax and surrounded by more brown people.
I mean, it's almost like the whole premise behind Brexit was a stupid, nonsensical farce from day 1!

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score

And the worst thing is, that if the demographic analysis is to be believed (and I think it is) that in 10 years, because many of the people who voted to "leave" were much older they'll not be around to witness the sh!t they've left for the younger generations who voted "remain"...

Nick

Reaction score
And the worst thing is, that if the demographic analysis is to be believed (and I think it is) that in 10 years, because many of the people who voted to "leave" were much older they'll not be around to witness the sh!t they've left for the younger generations who voted "remain"...

Annoyingly this is 100% correct.

Seeing I'm having a moan, I may as well add I remember there being quite a few people on this board in favour of brexit before the vote , well where the fu** are they now?! Seems to be going swimmingly ehh?

I wonder if they've maybe realised they are getting shafted after their first post brexit trip outside the UK where you are pretty much getting 1:1 on gbp/eur and the $ isn't much better.

You can even feel it on guitar gear, prs is up about 15% post brexit, mayones up 10% suhr up 15% mesa gear is just outrageously expensive now.

Nick

Reaction score
On top of this 'Baw johs' seems to be atrempting to fracture the conservative party so he can start his own new setup which I can only imagine will be like something out of fu***ng v for vendetta.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wonder if they've maybe realised they are getting shafted after their first post brexit trip outside the UK where you are pretty much getting 1:1 on gbp/eur and the $ isn't much better.

You can even feel it on guitar gear, prs is up about 15% post brexit, mayones up 10% suhr up 15% mesa gear is just outrageously expensive now.
Yeah, I mean, the pound got hosed post Brexit.

Nick

Reaction score

Absolutely pumped.

I just got back from Dublin and fair enough it's might not be the cheapest place in the euro but it was fucking brutal even when compared to about 2 or 3 years ago.

I'm looking at a us holiday next year and it's going to be seriously pricey when I used to be able to live in relative luxury over there. first world problems for sure but I'm sure the brexiters will be feeling it also and probably equally unhappy about it

Last edited:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I should come visit you limey fuckers across the Atlantic - it's actually not that expensive anymore these days, and the cycling looks great.

Of course, now's a tough time to exit and re-enter the States...

Nick

Reaction score
I should come visit you limey fuckers across the Atlantic - it's actually not that expensive anymore these days, and the cycling looks great.

Of course, now's a tough time to exit and re-enter the States...

Yeah I think they just held the downhill mountain biking championships not far from where I live. funnily enough my s&c coach from basketball works with Mike and Tracey Hannah who I believe are both world ranked.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

I had just moved to London 3 months earlier. Basically worked pro-bono for 2.5 years. Though it did have the effect of getting me out of the country, so plus one for the anti-immigration people.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I had just moved to London 3 months earlier. Basically worked pro-bono for 2.5 years. Though it did have the effect of getting me out of the country, so plus one for the anti-immigration people.
But aren't you one of those skilled non eastern European, non brown people?