BC Rich owners club!!!!

• Thread starter Force
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

electriceye

Reaction score
+1.

Once I started seeing their U.S. custom shop bolt on guitars reach the $3,000 mark, I started to think that they had completely lost their minds.

They have. The ownership of that company pisses me off. What's even crazier, is that those CS Gunslingers they have been selling aren't even correct! Everyone's saying the neck profiles are different than the originals, which are the best necks they ever made. Inexcusable, IMO.

I won't go into my rant about how they completely dropped the ball the past 6 years or so in the US market.... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I would wager that any "major" company with a custom shop would have similar pricing. ESP, Jackson, etc., I would bet that any bolt on guitar of theirs would easily reach 3k as well.

Cold_Aeon

Reaction score
As was said, its a normal price for a big company, as well as no so big, ask quote for a mayones or etc and you will get 6k

musicaldeath

Herald of Djod
Reaction score
One of my holy grail guitars is a BC Rich Ignitor. Don't care it it has the inline 6 or the widow head stock (similar to Jon Schaffer's in the Alive in Athens DVD). I wouldn't mind the one they had posted on the music zoo (albeit, it is listed as unavailable) but I don't play much 7 string stuff lately.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
+1.

Once I started seeing their U.S. custom shop bolt on guitars reach the $3,000 mark, I started to think that they had completely lost their minds.

Tom Anderson's and Suhr guitars hit that without even blinking. When everyone was figuratively blowing Blackmachine, people weren't even balking at 5k+ for them.

I'm not entirely sure why you think set neck or thru neck is actually worth more than a bolt on guitar. Its an incredibly silly argument.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
One of my holy grail guitars is a BC Rich Ignitor. Don't care it it has the inline 6 or the widow head stock (similar to Jon Schaffer's in the Alive in Athens DVD). I wouldn't mind the one they had posted on the music zoo (albeit, it is listed as unavailable) but I don't play much 7 string stuff lately.

107158332-studio-still-life-of-a-1996-bc-rich-ignitor-gettyimages.jpg

BC_Rich_Ignitor_Custom_7_Trans_Black_211059_a.jpg

:hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe they are more difficult to make?

They're not. Maybe a bit more costly, with a little more wood being wasted in the neck blank, but there's no reason for 3k to be some sort of upper limit. It's just a different process that has less tolerance for screwing up. If you're talking custom guitars, this really shouldn't be a factor.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Question - I used to own an LA Series Warlock. Licensed TRS floyd, routed back for a battery, fitted case, gold/black hardware and really nifty inlays. What's the deal with that series? I've never seen another one in person sadly.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Question - I used to own an LA Series Warlock. Licensed TRS floyd, routed back for a battery, fitted case, gold/black hardware and really nifty inlays. What's the deal with that series? I've never seen another one in person sadly.

Part of B.C. Rich's import guitar line back in the day. The L.A. Series name would eventually give way to the companies long running N.J. series moniker. What makes the L.A. series guitar neck plates confusing, is that, although the neck plate says, "L.A. California", these neck plates were placed on both the companies U.S. made guitars and imports. :scratch:

I still see them on the B.C. Rich community website and occasionally on Ebay. Although/obviously, that series is no longer made, some of the forum guys still discuss them here and there. I don't know much about the series other than they were made in the past.

electriceye

Reaction score
Sort of off-topic, but I haven't been able to get to the BCR fan forum any more. Been down all week. Wonder if this is the end of it. :(

Rosal76

Reaction score
Sort of off-topic, but I haven't been able to get to the BCR fan forum any more. Been down all week. Wonder if this is the end of it. :(

I thought it was only down for 2 days? Today (11-6) and yesterday (11-5)? The forum has had trouble in the past, so...

blckulfr63

Reaction score
I have six and I'm saving up for a seventh so I have one for each day of the week. Three warlocks (Revenge, NJ Revenge and Platinum series), KKV Wartribe, Mockingbird Pro X and a Platinum Series Bich. So How do I get in this BC Rich owners club?

A-Branger

Reaction score
I have six and I'm saving up for a seventh so I have one for each day of the week. Three warlocks (Revenge, NJ Revenge and Platinum series), KKV Wartribe, Mockingbird Pro X and a Platinum Series Bich. So How do I get in this BC Rich owners club?

pics or it didnt happen :D

NLP

Reaction score
Currently I'm cleaning up my guitar collection, so I have left only 2 BC's from the "Invisibolt" series, JR.V with EMG81/85, and a Warlock IT with BKP Painkiller in the bridge:

Attachments

• DSC02564.jpg
    DSC02564.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02570.jpg
    DSC02570.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts