Do you worry about guitar graphics and the potential meaning?

• Thread starter guitar_player4_2_0
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty easy for me, as a "stupid American", to see how there are fractures in the proudly stoic and forgetful German military's issues with ideology and far-right extremism.

Per West Point's Combating Terrorism Center:

A series of extreme far-right cases among members of Germany’s military and police highlight the threat of the enemy within: radicalized extremists within security services, with access to weapons, training, and confidential information. Such individuals, and especially those who are part of groups and networks, pose a new challenge to Germany’s intelligence community, which is still struggling to assess the true dimension of the threat.

From police chat groups where racist, nationalist, and anti-Semitic content is being shared to a Nazi sympathizer within the special forces allegedly storing weapons and explosives to a police employee allegedly looking to help far-right terrorists plunge the country into civil war, it is clear the threat is significant. The specter of armed underground cells being trained by former or current members of the security services has been a wake-up call for authorities. New measures have already been implemented within Germany’s domestic and military intelligence agencies to more effectively root out enemies of the state wearing uniforms.

Nevertheless, the threat will most likely persist in the coming years. The detection and monitoring of potential terrorists among fellow servicemen and police officers is a difficult task for security services, and rooting out bad actors can be even harder—especially in times when new recruits are desperately needed.
Legitimately thought this entire quote was about the US military until they mentioned Germany.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Legitimately thought this entire quote was about the US military until they mentioned Germany.
Some of the guys I was in the army with were pretty far right and racist. What saddened me a lot was I recently got in touch with one of my buddies who was always a leftist libtard. He was gay during the don't ask don't tell era. Now he says he's republican and more right wing and a Jordan Peterson disciple because he can't stand all the immigrants.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I conveniently left the last sentence out:

With the United States and other countries also grappling with this problem set, it is vital to share lessons learned and best practices at the international level.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
sid-vicious.jpg

Some of these artists used such symbology intentionally to annoy other people... it worked in the past and it clearly works now.

We probably didn't care when we were young, trying to be rebellious and all that, but we - old(ish) people- are now what our horrified parents were in the 80s / 90s / etc :lol:

That's a picture of Sid Vicious wearing a nasty t-shirt with the symbol that represented the country that bombed England a few decades before the picture was taken BTW... annoying prick.

And no, I wouldn't buy a guitar with this kind of controversial symbology knowingly. I'm not an edgy teenager.

ChrisLA

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I saw a BLM sticker on a guitar, wonder how OP would react to that?

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Now the woke mob is coming for our guitars

RandomPolishGuy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
People will always find something to cry about. Metal heads are obsessed with woke politics nowdays and it's an absolute joke. I believe in equal rights for everyone as much as the next guy, but that also involves the right to wave around whatever flag, slur, symbol etc that you want without intervention unless you're actively engaging in violent acts. Get the guitar and anyone self obsessed enough to get upset over it isn't worth your time and is probably just a crybaby narcissist with a savior/victim complex.

That's the problem with Americans, it's all about "me" and "my feelings", all because their parents told them they were special growing up. "My feelings matter, I'm important and it's everyone's responsibility to recognize how important I am and to cater to my feelings or I'll throw a fit and try to cancel you." It's pathetic really.

Like my bands last show, in case you couldn't tell by my username, I'm Polish but live in the states, and I decided to wear my Ushanka hat during an outdoor gig because it's fucking cold along with my usual Adidas tracksuit, and the guitarist for the other band tried to have the owner take us off the roster because I was "promoting a hateful, war mongering culture, and it was insensitive to anyone in the crowd who might be Ukrainian." First off: I'M FUCKING POLISH, secondly, we're in bumfuck Oklahoma, I'm probably the only person within a hundred miles that's even Slavic, let alone a goddamn Ukrainian. Dude just had a savior complex and wanted to feel like a hero.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As a European, and Slavic, I always liked visually the confederate war caps(you know the ones with the 2 rifles). As for the Polish guy, way to go man, you can never wear enough tripoloski😍.

RandomPolishGuy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As a European, and Slavic, I always liked visually the confederate war caps(you know the ones with the 2 rifles). As for the Polish guy, way to go man, you can never wear enough tripoloski😍.
Check my profile picture, rocking the tri poloski with and RPD in my lap. That bitch is like 30lbs loaded I swear😅 but I love it. A good friend of mine is an SOT so he has every machine gun known to man damn near

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You have lived in the US way too long,man.You are getting obsessed with guns,you started to use some strange measure units,and if you say "soccer" ,you are getting blacklisted in a split second :)

RandomPolishGuy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You have lived in the US way too long,man.You are getting obsessed with guns,you started to use some strange measure units,and if you say "soccer" ,you are getting blacklisted in a split second :)
Wayyyyyyyyyy too long, but I enjoy it, I like it here for the most part. The cigarettes suck though. I think guns are a passion most Slavs and Americans both appreciate, you just have to be quieter about it in most Slavic countries as the laws are relatively strict, which I fail to grasp given we either get occupied by an invading force or play "Who genocides better" at least once every other decade, you would think by now we'd be armed enough to make an American blush but I digress. Also, I much much prefer metric but living here for so long has me thinking in imperial😅 and, if someone says soccer, I immediately get the urge to show them why even the Scandinavian vikings were afraid of the people of the Baltics😅

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
People will always find something to cry about. Metal heads are obsessed with woke politics nowdays and it's an absolute joke. I believe in equal rights for everyone as much as the next guy, but that also involves the right to wave around whatever flag, slur, symbol etc that you want without intervention unless you're actively engaging in violent acts. Get the guitar and anyone self obsessed enough to get upset over it isn't worth your time and is probably just a crybaby narcissist with a savior/victim complex
In your own words, please define "woke".

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In your own words, please define "woke".

That's easy, it just means something I don't like it.

It's the new "hipster." You know, the word for someone you just don't like.

At least that's how I've been using it lately. Like I ate at this restaurant and the food was "meh" so I tell the guys at work that it was "so woke." They got us new chairs at work too, so uncomfortable. Yep, "stupid woke ass chairs."

No one has corrected me.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That's easy, it just means something I don't like it.

It's the new "hipster." You know, the word for someone you just don't like.

At least that's how I've been using it lately. Like I ate at this restaurant and the food was "meh" so I tell the guys at work that it was "so woke." They got us new chairs at work too, so uncomfortable. Yep, "stupid woke ass chairs."

No one has corrected me.

Ugh, those ergonomic plastic contraptions for soyboy betas?