I played a Teuffel Tesla ! WOW!

• Thread starter Kayzer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gameboypdc

Reaction score
:lol: The Teuffel has been about for over a decade now man, it's hardly new stuff :D

Well I wasn't referring to "new" as in the shape and how long its been around. I was referring to "new" as in recent posts/builds here on SS.org. Wondering what the deal is with that over exaggerated hump/shape and why people like it?

In regards to the post I think the birdfish model looks interesting. :scratch:

.....birdfish.................................

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cvinos

Banned
Reaction score
By the way Teuffel with one f wound mean Devil.

Mr. Teuffel seems to have purchased a lot of Bogner Amps...

:holy:

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
Its not a guitar, its a freakin' piece of art....

arn't these things like 5 figures?

Bevo

Reaction score
Thats pretty cool, not for me but would love to try it. Looks like its perfectly balanced, probably hangs on your strap so you don't need your thumb on the back of the neck.

In some of the pictures it looks like the knobs are flush in the body. Great idea if the knob you use pops out and the others are flush.

zorn

Reaction score
Just to put things into the right perspective:
Kayzer has an arsenal of incredible guitars. I had a blast to try them all out...Parker, Jackson, ESP, Hufschmidt etc.
So this was not a one-sided experience!
On top of it he has got an incredible collection of awesome pedals. I now know what I'm still missing (and it's a lot!).
It was a great day for both of us!

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Its not a guitar, its a freakin' piece of art....

arn't these things like 5 figures?

nah, the 7 string tesla is 4500 Euros I think. Given how weak the dollar is at the moment though, it is getting close to 10k :)

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
My favourite Teuffel design is the birdfish.
But that is a sweet guitar.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I'd love to try one, but I'm not making any judgements until such time as I do - the shape is giving me pause.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
i'm not big on the looks of teuffel guitars, but i wouldn't hesitate to try one--they look like they're really functional and that the art/looks aspect wasn't done at the expense of being able to play.

Kayzer

Reaction score
Just to put things into the right perspective:
Kayzer has an arsenal of incredible guitars. I had a blast to try them all out...Parker, Jackson, ESP, Hufschmidt etc.
So this was not a one-sided experience!
On top of it he has got an incredible collection of awesome pedals. I now know what I'm still missing (and it's a lot!).
It was a great day for both of us!

Good to see you around bro ;-)
I really cant stop thinking about the Tesla, looks like i will sell off some stuff and save some cash to go for one soon... :shred:

I can see why those guitars are interesting yet I dont like the design that much....

I would love to see the guys who say they look so awesome actually playing one of those live and posting video clips :agreed:

We always hear so much :bowdown: but we never see any action from those who say they are so cool.... :shrug:

As said its not my guitar so it will be hard for me making some clips but i am really thinking about saving some cash and getting one, if so i will make some clips and i would play it live!

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
For those who like to put their thumb over the neck on bends and vibrato how is that possible in the upper register?

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
man, i just don't think i could give up hanging my thumb over the neck for high bends and vibrato... thats where ALL my power comes from in the upper register. now that Turbulence, i could probably get into those. they have a proper cutaway. but really, the body joins the neck at fret 8! thats worse than an acoustic guitar. why does it have to be that way?

to the OP: how is the neck profile, and what do those pickups sound like?