prozak

Pathfinder
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was a 57 off axis and one on axis on the lower gain amp, and thank you man! I eat my wheaties.

Thank you man. It's funny, before this final mix it sounded way too bassy on a pair of headphones I have, but wayy too fizzy in another, cheaper pair. In the end I just met in the middle and went with my monitors, in which it sounds pretty even I think. And your English is great, thanks for the kind words!

Awesome mate, that's what the monitors are all about, right? Looking forward for the new stuff btw....bring it on :p

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Would running a guitar through the Pod HD with no effects / amp sim off give a signal that would be suitable for reamping later on?

From what i've read that's technically not a dry signal. You want to use a dry signal for a reampable track, so you absolutely need an audio interface and DI box (to create a balanced signal) for that. Also, monitoring a signal without fx or amp sim will affect your performance. You'd have no idea how it'll sound with fx and amp sim.

For my band's album we did it like this:

Guitar>Radial DI>audio interface (this records your reamp track)
Radial DI thru>Pod>audio interface (this is the monitor track)

Really invest in a good DI and audio interface and you'll be set.

prozak

Pathfinder
Reaction score
Messing around with @philz preset

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/dinko-infeqtor-lipova-a/melotest[/SC]

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
Few stupid questions for you guys, sorry in advance!

I own a POD HD Desktop, and I was wondering a few things.

1.) Has anybody ever had any problems with the FBV Express MkII? It plugs into the POD fine, does the normal presets... But when I try to hook it up to my PC via USB, Monkey and FBV Control will not find the damned thing. Windows sees it, but the software just does not like it.

2.) Has anybody gotten a stand for their HD Desktop? I have a gig in a few weeks, and I don't want it to sit on the ground, but I also don't want to have to order in a stand. I have some wood laying around, so I figured I could just make a bracket with that, and drill a big enough hole to put on a mic stand. Does anyone know the screw sizes the bracket uses?

Thanks guys!

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
2.) Has anybody gotten a stand for their HD Desktop? I have a gig in a few weeks, and I don't want it to sit on the ground, but I also don't want to have to order in a stand. I have some wood laying around, so I figured I could just make a bracket with that, and drill a big enough hole to put on a mic stand. Does anyone know the screw sizes the bracket uses?

Thanks guys!

When I still used a bean on stage, I'd simply put it on top of my amp/cabinet ;) You don't need a stand.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Desktop users might find this useful:

Yesterday I picked up a used BOSS GE-7 7-band equalizer. The reason I got this is that I wanted to have something to emulate the input pad that the HD500 and HD500X have.

So essentially I'm using it in front of the pod hd, and tweaking the level fader to taste. The pedal equalization doesn't sound too good in anything than flat where it lies in the signal chain, so I keep every band at zero.

Up to now I would use a Studio EQ with the gain knob all the way down someplace before the amp(s), however the -18 db seem to lower the signal more than the input pad from the pedalboards (???). In less drastic settings where bite is retained, the sound is brighter, and that's where the boss pedal comes in.

I tried setting the level to about -5db on the external eq pedal, and since it doesn't add more brightness, it seems to work better. Tested it in Kane's example patch (which is supposed to have the -20 db input switch engaged) and the results were promising. Plus I have more DSP to spend on EQ and maybe even a reverb. The drawback is that I can't sculpt yet a twangy high end. The classic distortion trick twangs well, but simply doesn't seem to work for me without awkardly compensating the frequencies from the mid mids and lower.

On dual amp patches, or single amp ones that already have many blocks occupied, it seems it doesn't work that well without starting the patch from scratch. I'll experiment with this more.

ambler3

Reaction score
I've got a POD500X on the way, and I was just curious whether I could set it up using 4CM, integrating my current pedal board.

My amp is a 6505+ combo, and on my board I have a tuner, OD, NS-2. Should I find that I prefer an actual pedal does a better job of boosting the amp and the same with the NS-2, can I find a way to use those actual pedals alongside the POD?

J-RAMONES

Reaction score
hi, i'm new here and pretty bad with technology.
can you tell me if i can connect my pod hd pro x to the ("studio")speakers with xlr (Twin XLR Sockets to 2 x RCA Phono Plugs Audio Cable) or do i have to use the unbalanced outputs of the podx.thanks
(up) can some cool people here answer this simple question.thanks

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Some recent clips done with my HD500

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/kane-wolf/agile-septor-827-test-clip[/sc]

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/kane-wolf/gojira-the-heaviest-matter-of-the-universe-snippet[/sc]

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Random question that may turn out to be answered easily.

I currently have a HD 300;
Line63.jpg

When playing live, I go directly the PA etc etc but when jamming I use a Gallien Krueger MB200. It's perfect
MB200.jpg

I'm starting to think I want to upgrade to either a now no longer made POD Pro;
Line61.jpg

Or a new POD HD Pro;
LINe62.jpg

My question is a 2 parter I guess.
Can a line 6 rack unit go straight to the PA without a Power amp much like I currently do with the HD300 & if the rack unit does need a power amp, would the Gallien Krueger be enough or would I need to upgrade that little fella as well?
In all live situations I'll go straight to the PA, which would be powered

Thanks! :hbang:

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm really finally finished with Line 6 gear forever. A couple years ago when they first came out I special ordered a Pod X3 Pro against the advice of my best friend who only plays Bogner's and Les Paul Customs. He said it was garbage and he would disown me. lol... Brand new out of the package the unit was defective with an intermittent right channel and these weird static/fizzy buzzing noise in the left channel. Took it back for a refund. Swore I would never buy another piece of Line 6 gear and he laughed at me and rubbed it in.

Fast forward to last month. I'd been demoing the HD500X in the store and on a whim I special ordered the POD HD PRO X a couple weeks ago. It arrived and I plugged it all in and downloaded the editing software and started playing around making patches etc. Everything is going fine and then all the sudden the unit just spazzes out and makes this wicked horrible noise that gets louder and louder so I rip the headphones off and click another patch and it stops. Seemed to work fine for awhile and then again it starts making weird noises when I switch patches and then static fizz noises not unlike the X3 Pro.

By now I'm becoming disgusted but I keep tweaking the patches and so I decide to see how well it does recording and what the latency is like. So I fire up Acid Pro 7.0 on my computer which is only a year old i7 and yeah... nothing. Acid won't load and the computer is frozen up. Interesting because my computer was working fine the morning before and I was working with Omnisphere inside Acid and now this. I hard restart and try again. Same thing. Delete all the Line 6 software etc. and Acid then reload Acid. Again the same. Frozen. So I delete everything again and go back a month with system restore. Load Acid again. Great, now the computer doesn't freeze but Acid still won't load.

This is where I'm at now. All my projects are in Acid and I can't even load the program and everything was fine the morning before the Line 6 software. I've got everything backed up of course but now my only solution is to buy an OEM Windows 7 disc and reload the O.S. because I never made any backup sys disc.

I'm not saying anything like this will happen to any of you guys but I'm just saying maybe don't be a lazy cheap sloth like myself and buy a Kemper or Axe instead of this Line 6 garbage. I'm so done with them.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
When playing live, I go directly the PA etc etc but when jamming I use a Gallien Krueger MB200

I was thinking about one of these. How do you plug it in? Just into the instrument input or aux in? I see these somewhat common used and was thinking about getting one for a power amp+cab rig since it seems to be the same size, and slightly cheaper, as the ISP Stealth.

Plus, I can obviously use it as a live bass rig. :lol:

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
I was thinking about one of these. How do you plug it in? Just into the instrument input or aux in? I see these somewhat common used and was thinking about getting one for a power amp+cab rig since it seems to be the same size, and slightly cheaper, as the ISP Stealth.

Plus, I can obviously use it as a live bass rig. :lol:

Man, the little MB200 is unreal.
Just from the pedal to the normal instrument input on MB200 & from the back of the head it's an Speakon lead to 4 ohm jack on whatever cab you are using for 200w of goodness.

Straight to the PA it's just balanced XLR to the desk or whatever, DI etc.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
My question is a 2 parter I guess.
Can a line 6 rack unit go straight to the PA without a Power amp much like I currently do with the HD300 & if the rack unit does need a power amp, would the Gallien Krueger be enough or would I need to upgrade that little fella as well?
In all live situations I'll go straight to the PA, which would be powered

Thanks! :hbang:

I use my POD HD PRO direct through the PA via an XLR cable. It's really easy and convenient, sound guys love me. :yesway:

I also have a power amp setup though, and I'd wager you might need a slighter louder unit to power a cab and sound decent. I use the ART SLA2, sounds decent enough. Going direct sounds much, much better though.