NHL 2018 - 2019

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I was surprised he didn't go for a poke, even more so by the defenceman that seemingly paused to look elsewhere for a moment just as he was losing his positioning.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
I decided to get to bed early last night rather than watch the Sabre's get beat on by the Flames. And they decided to actually play a hell of a game! I figure tomorrow before the Canucks/Sabres game, I'll watch last nights game.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Stars losing to Tampa was actually one of the best, most complete games they've played this season. I hope they're turning a corner, because they need to or they're going to miss the playoffs again.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pens traded Grant for Blendisi... not sure I understand the move as Grant was playing well in the NHL while Blendisi seems more of an AHL guy. Just seems like trading somebody to trade somebody unless it's because Blendisi can be sent to the AHL without having to clear waivers.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Stars losing to Tampa was actually one of the best, most complete games they've played this season. I hope they're turning a corner, because they need to or they're going to miss the playoffs again.
Gone are the times you could be a successful team riding a single stacked line. Just look at how Colorado have been getting shut down as of late.

The standings in the East right now is crazy tight. Aside from Tampa in 1st, there are only 2 point separating 2nd place from 8th/wildcards.

In the West, the top 5 teams have a nice cushion from everyone else. Aside from 3rd place in the Central divison, everyone else is basically fighting for their playoff hopes via wildcard, especially the Pacific.

Obviously there is still a good chunk of season left, but we are starting to get a clearer picture already.

Last edited:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Very nice take on the Forsberg move, a pity his finish wasn't more elegant on the shot.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Peter Chiarelli is out.

Must feel like a relief to the Oilers fans, just read an article about all the bad moves he has done and its incredible that he lasted for so long at that position

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Someone had a statistic somewhere as well where the Oilers are the best team in the league when McDavid is on the ice, and the worst when hes off.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Can't wait for Jim Nill to get the axe, assuming he doesn't finally get off his ass and make a bold move to address the issues he's created.

protest

Reaction score
I was just in Guitar Center in NJ and 4 Canadian dudes walked in wearing Gretzky jerseys. Oilers, Kings, Blues, and Rangers.

I googled the all star game because I was like holy shit is the game in Philly and I had no idea haha.

JSanta

Reaction score
I was just in Guitar Center in NJ and 4 Canadian dudes walked in wearing Gretzky jerseys. Oilers, Kings, Blues, and Rangers.

I googled the all star game because I was like holy shit is the game in Philly and I had no idea haha.

The All-Star game is in San Jose this year. It starts in about 15 minutes.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Dallas and Pittsburgh hit undo on the Oleksiak trade.

I don't hate it, just don't get it unless it's a precursor to bigger move. Maybe Nill getting ready to move Honka+. We didn't need to replace Methot all season, so him going on LTIR doesn't seem to actually justify this.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ I watched the games, but meh :lol: I did find it hilarious that the Sharks err Pacific team got knocked out in the first game in their own building...

Dallas and Pittsburgh hit undo on the Oleksiak trade.

I don't hate it, just don't get it unless it's a precursor to bigger move. Maybe Nill getting ready to move Honka+. We didn't need to replace Methot all season, so him going on LTIR doesn't seem to actually justify this.

Yeah I don't get the deal for either side... I get the Pens needed to move a defenseman, but given Oleksiak has actually been good and is still under contract that just seemed odd unless the Pens are working on something else and needed the cap space.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The irony of Johnson getting hurt the day after they traded Oleksiak is not lost on me...

Pens need to get their shit together or they are going to end up missing the playoffs. Hoping that game last night was just rust...

EDIT: Johnson is apparently fine and was at practice today