NHL 2018 - 2019

JSanta

Reaction score
Question from last nights Leafs/Preds game: are the Preds just that good, or are the Leafs that bad?

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Question from last nights Leafs/Preds game: are the Preds just that good, or are the Leafs that bad?
I take it you haven't seen Toronto's record so far this season. Not having watched it, I would assume Nashville's mature defense snuffed Toronto's young offense.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Nashville's Goalie played a hell of a game, Leafs offensive missed a lot of chances on top of that (lots of posts and sides of net), and the Leafs' Defense is the Leafs' defensive with a third string Goalie in net.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
I take it you haven't seen Toronto's record so far this season. Not having watched it, I would assume Nashville's mature defense snuffed Toronto's young offense.

No, I have been paying attention, but probably not enough to relevant statistics. They are second in the standings in the division and have been playing fairly well. Rinne is obviously a beast of a goalie. So maybe the situation was a mix of several factors.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crap Hornqvist has another concussion and ZAR is on IR with an upper body injury... guessing a broken hand after a fight in the last game.

JSanta

Reaction score
Crap Hornqvist has another concussion and ZAR is on IR with an upper body injury... guessing a broken hand after a fight in the last game.

Hornqvist is a great player, and it sucks to see him get another concussion. Rick Nash announced his retirement this week because of unresolved symptoms related to concussions.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hornqvist is a great player, and it sucks to see him get another concussion. Rick Nash announced his retirement this week because of unresolved symptoms related to concussions.

I had not seen Nash retired, that sucks :(

I am concerned about Hornqvist as this one was a puck that deflected off his stick and it really did not look that bad when it happened. Concussions are nothing to screw with so hopefully he takes his time and doesn't rush back.

In other news the Pens signed DeSmith to a 3 year deal... Jarry must be pissed as that means he's staying in the AHL.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Anaheim are 0-7-3 in their last 10 games... looks like they will soon be joining Chicago and LA as fallen powerhouses of the West and should seriously consider rebuilding.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anaheim are 0-7-3 in their last 10 games... looks like they will soon be joining Chicago and LA as fallen powerhouses of the West and should seriously consider rebuilding.

I honestly thought the Pens were going to break Anaheim's losing streak last night... going down 3-0 in the first does not inspire confidence :lol:

Fortunately the Pens were just waiting until the 2nd to actually show up and start playing...

JSanta

Reaction score
Got the worst record in the league? No worries the Pens will give you a win :lol:

Freaking 5-2 against the Kings...

Or you can play the best team in the league, look very competitive, and then squander it in the last few minutes. Granted, a few BS calls on the Sabres (and I'm one of those guys that plays favorites with penalties, if it happens, they need to go to the box), but a BS call on Eichel destroyed momentum. It's looking more and more like the playoffs are out of reach.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Only Tampa would have the balls to pull their goalie with more than 9 MINUTES left in the 3rd, down 4-1 o_O

JSanta

Reaction score
Only Tampa would have the balls to pull their goalie with more than 9 MINUTES left in the 3rd, down 4-1 o_O

I kind of laughed when I saw that, but if there's a team that could make up the goals, it's them! Ended up being a bad bit of coaching though!

JSanta

Reaction score
Oh Sabres, how you continue to hurt me. Yet, I continue to come back time and time again.

Latest posts