This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Yeah, I strongly disliked Epicloud, it was like a bunch of crummy b-sides from Addicted or something. I only managed to get through it twice. However, the Epicloud tracks on the live Retinal Circus album are pretty awesome despite being nearly identical to the studio versions (Ex, Lucky Animals). I have no explanation for why this is!
Some songs just make more sense in a live setting, I guess. I noticed this with the band Franz Ferdinand, who I cannot stand to listen to, but who are insanely entertaining live. Some songs are meant for listening to through your 300€ headphones while you ponder the intricacies of the arrangement and production, and others are meant for bouncing around with a bunch of other sweaty people. The setting and atmosphere just works better live - I dunno, I might be talking out of my ass, but there's a certain energy in live performances from really good live bands that you just don't get on studio albums, imo.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Well there is a lot going on here
Z2 - Official Website

Devin Townsend launches ZTV and new Ziltoid site!!!
Devin Townsend has announced the launch of ZTV, a brand new video series starring the inimitable Ziltoid, as well as a brand new interactive site dedicated to him. Following on from the announcement of the Z² double-album, which is due for release on the 27th October 2014 in Europe and 28th October 2014 in the US, the newest glimpse into the Ziltoid story can be viewed here: www.ziltoid.com
Devin had this to say: Hey guys! Devin here... been a few weeks since the Z2 album was delivered, and we've been getting everything ready for the upcoming tours and the release of the records. As I've mentioned, Z2 is an experiment for me in trying different mediums to illustrate a concept, and as such...I'm really excited to present to you the new Ziltoid website, and the first of three ZTV episodes leading up to the album release! The crowd-funding campaign has allowed me to actualize Ziltoid and its music in ways I'd always hoped for, and the idea with the three web episodes is to set up the concept of the album. This first one is less over the top than it gets by episode three, but it needs to establish the whole story before it gets more absurd. It is a great pleasure to be able to do this, and was an awesome experience (other than having to explain to management and family why I spent so much money on puppets
Thank you for the support and allowing me to continue!!
Devin
Go check out the new website and ZTV Episode 1 and let us know what you think!

davemeistro

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you have already seen this but I didn't see it posted in this thread, so for those of you that haven't yet: GET HYPED

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I loved listening to Ziltoid raidio. I think my personal highlight was listening to him sing along to the high notes in that Leprous song.

wankerness

Reaction score
:lol: Has anyone else seen this? I'm dying.

It should have fast forwarded to the end after the GAY!!!, holy shit that is an awful song and they included the entire damn thing! :( Good ending though.