What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Decided to get a Schecter C7 Deluxe. Their cheapo guitar. Store had a B-stock for way cheap so fuck it, modder platform.

C7%20DLX%20SHWT9.png

Also bought a Cepheus bridge pickup. Only like $30 and I really dig the pickup. Debating on trying blackouts in it eventually, too.

Been solid so far. Only setup I did was a bridge adjustment but it's been decent. Seems like it needs new strings REALLY badly and a new bridge pickup.
GOnna try that Cepheus. If it doesn't work out, like I said, been wanting to try the Duncan Blackouts.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnoll

Reaction score
guitar professor is telling me my mockingbird sounds too bright and too middy

on an air Norton

I rolled back the tone the whole way and he stopped bugging me about it but he still says the guitar sounds "too metal" and I'm like what do you want me to do about it, I'm not buying a jazz box or an expensive acoustic with a preamp

although I might get an epi LP custom just to make my jazz stick

What in the world does that guy have to do with how your guitar sounds? I mean if he wants maybe he could worry about how his own guitars sound instead?

Weird!!

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What in the world does that guy have to do with how your guitar sounds? I mean if he wants maybe he could worry about how his own guitars sound instead?

Weird!!

I mean he's right, it doesn't sound like it's supposed to for jazz stuff but I do really like the tone for classical playing. I think it's just too hot for playing on direct input. Also seriously considering the ST7 by now, I found a cheap jazz box.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I mean he's right, it doesn't sound like it's supposed to for jazz stuff but I do really like the tone for classical playing. I think it's just too hot for playing on direct input. Also seriously considering the ST7 by now, I found a cheap jazz box.
I mean in all reality you guys are playing it in a student teacher setting , what the hell does guitar tone matter in that case? Not like you're out performing right then and there. Maybe if it was a recital he could be picky or ask you to attempt a warm jazz tone, but for lessons? Shit you could probably do the class unplugged and still learn.

gnoll

Reaction score

Eh. I don't think a lot of great art was created by doing things the way they're supposed to be done.

If some authority guy said that to me I'd tell him to shove it. Or think it at least, and just leave...

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean in all reality you guys are playing it in a student teacher setting , what the hell does guitar tone matter in that case? Not like you're out performing right then and there. Maybe if it was a recital he could be picky or ask you to attempt a warm jazz tone, but for lessons? Shit you could probably do the class unplugged and still learn.

I'm gonna be playing on a recital in November so that's what I'm guessing it's about b

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Made an order with Free The Tone. Unfortunately they're having trouble with Tri Avatar 2 stocks and back orders so I'm holding off on that.

FTT came back to me yesterday and offered the Tri Avatar 2, so I jumped on that. Also got the 3 Mad Hatter Terminator units this week as well. Happy times.

Come mid November will be another Free The Tone order: getting both the upcoming Silky Groove Compressor and Crunchy Chime Booster pedals, because of course I will.

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bought a cheap Harley Benton bass (PJ) and after over a month of stock issues, it finally came in.

Also, a while ago I was lamenting missing out on an Orange OR15... and over 2 months later another one appeared. I couldn't resist and I got it.
Oh. And they came in at the same day, so there's that.
Not that I'm really having any time to play with them until Friday, tho.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Like the Nirvana baby with a GC coupon I caved and bought a brownbox so my amps can see 117V instead of whatever the hell gets sent down the line in this hood. :fever:

Nice, I just bought one because you mentioned it -- checked the page and they have one specifically made for Japanese voltage through US amps. That's like half my stuff, and I have one of those big red transformers with the giant black dial on top, but it's hard to trust it.

Latest posts