The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking especially after the things I've been hearing about Kiesel this week. Those roasted maple necks have me drooling. I'm a little nervous about the Enduraneck and I do feel a bit weird dropping $2K on a guitar coming out of the same factory as my Agile.

I am also going through a kiesel/strandberg debate, on reverb there are some VM8's and some OS8's. I think the oS8's hold value better, but I am really tempted to get the kiesel. Ughhhhhh decisions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

littleredguitars2

green canaries
Reaction score
the endurnecks arent for everyone, but the change is hardly noticeable after a little bit of time with it. i stopped noticing after like my first hour? now its just second nature

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
the endurnecks arent for everyone, but the change is hardly noticeable after a little bit of time with it. i stopped noticing after like my first hour? now its just second nature
Agreed, it's definitely a bit of a change but nothing huge. Just like the fanned frets I hardly notice they're even there most of the time.

littleredguitars2

green canaries
Reaction score
recently dropped my new album. get a load of the cover :)

a2053292524_16.jpg

you can check it out here if you like! 90 % of what you hear on guitar is one of my strandys.
https://jonpoulin.bandcamp.com/album/with-vigor

Riker_Maneuver

Reaction score
Does anyone have any actual concerns about the new 2017 originals being produced by PT COrt instead of WMI? I have a pre-order in for a 2017, but since all the existing non-discounted OS's have roasted maple, I'm considering getting one of those instead. But, the Suhr pickups and minor upgrades like the oak grigsby 5-way switch and metal backplate have me torn. I like the duncans, but I've heard good things about Suhr's. Those pickups and the roasted maple were the selling points on the 2017's for me, but if the existing OS have the roasted maple I may just pull trigger. Tough choice.

gfactor

Reaction score
Does anyone have any actual concerns about the new 2017 originals being produced by PT COrt instead of WMI? I have a pre-order in for a 2017, but since all the existing non-discounted OS's have roasted maple, I'm considering getting one of those instead. But, the Suhr pickups and minor upgrades like the oak grigsby 5-way switch and metal backplate have me torn. I like the duncans, but I've heard good things about Suhr's. Those pickups and the roasted maple were the selling points on the 2017's for me, but if the existing OS have the roasted maple I may just pull trigger. Tough choice.

Where are you seeing current OSs with roasted maple? That would make for a tough call.

Riker_Maneuver

Reaction score
Where are you seeing current OSs with roasted maple? That would make for a tough call.

It was through emails with Ed Yoon. I saw someone on Reddit post a OS with roasted maple so inquired about it. But these are the ones at the normal $1895.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Personal opinion here but I don't get how anyone could be debating between a Vader and a Strandberg, those Kiesels are fugly beyond words. Go with the Boden :D

marcwormjim

Reaction score
The replacement Ed sent my way is a 2017 OS with roasted maple, presumably from the final February batch.

If anyone hears of or finds a 2016 natural OS6-Trem for sale by Strandberg in the US, save yourself trouble and ask if it's the same one Marc returned, and if the frets have been leveled. There were additional QC problems that, even with a fretjob, deserve nothing higher than a discounted B-stock price. I'll elaborate in a dedicated thread later this week (when I receive the replacement).

Don't accept anything less than a firm "Yes; it's been leveled." The return and replacement-shipping has Strandberg USA, INC out $120 for using the customer as QC - The whole guitar, including the fretwork, should go through a point-by-point evaluation once they're imported. This isn't Rondo, where those cost-cutting measures are actually passed on to the buyer.

I'm mainly concerned that the guitar will be resold as-is, or with a ten minute spot-leveling and crowning job at full-price to recoup the shipping costs and labor.

Edit: My returned OS is now listed for $1795 on the site - A hundred more than what I paid. You've been warned, guys.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Music Zoo had one in stock with roasted maple.

My OS6 that I ordered last month does not have it, probably one of the last non roasted WMI ones.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'm really digging this one so far:

17854873_1477705062273932_7835542039947286432_o.jpg

rocky0

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's mine :)

Additional pic with top and fretboard:
FRy60Si.jpg

Fyrqa

Can't see your pictures!

The pic strandberg posted looks awesome.

After a 1-2 month extensive pondering I ordered a Kiesel Vader V8 although the Strandys have been giving me serious GAS too. Let's see how I like my Vader first before ordering a Strandberg or Shoggie.

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
Can't see your pictures!

The pic strandberg posted looks awesome.

After a 1-2 month extensive pondering I ordered a Kiesel Vader V8 although the Strandys have been giving me serious GAS too. Let's see how I like my Vader first before ordering a Strandberg or Shoggie.

Flipping fantastic. I think burls really work with a deep dark finish.

I'm guessing...Burl top/Alder centre/rosewood back for the body? Coupled with a maple neck and...pale moon ebony for the fretboard? I may be wrong though, looks abit dark to be pale moon.

Also, am I too anal, or should that guy remove his thumb ring before holding the body? :lol: