Haley Williams: Still a psychopath

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Same here, but music is a "package deal" for a lotta people. If they thought their favorite band was a "real band" that ground it out from the bottom up to get where they are, only to find out the singer (and only the singer) was signed to a major label before anything of substance even existed and the purpose of their existence was "sell, sell, sell"... that could impact their desire to continue listening. YMMV

I never really liked Paramore due to them selling out a venue, getting it busted by the fire marshals, and canceling several shows my band was gonna play. More to the point, though, is that I think while the layman listener may not fault them for it, anyone who's struggled to make a band successful would probably resent Paramore's (or any other bands') rise to fame in such a tricky way.

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
paramore was never worth 2 shits any way. but they did give us a good thread to talk about.

That's like me saying "Fuck you, all your music sucks." There's no need to rip on Paramore especially if you've never even listened to them. :noway:

I think Paramore is awesome. If you gave their first 2 CDs a listen, I DARE you to not headbang at some point or another. They are catchy as hell, have EXTREMELY talented songwriting skills given their age, a SOLID powerful pop drummer and really creative melodies. That's why their name and situation is recognized on this forum.

This whole press release from Zac and Josh is totally totally insane. But it all sounds very honest and true. I'll bet its SO hard to maintain a band with a chick singer and still be a "band" and viewed as a band and not "The Hayley Williams Project." That's one of the things I liked about them so much, is Hayley always always said "I will never go solo. Paramore is a band. Everyone is just as important." To me that was refreshing, new, and original. Granted there are *some* bands that can pull this off (Flyleaf, The Cranberries, Joydrop...okay thats about it.) But for a power-pop rock band, it was refreshing.

Paramore is now officially fucked. They are going to spiral downhill REAL quick, and Hayley and her managers and father are probably going to push for her to go solo real soon. It sucks that is had to turn out this way, but as my friend called it 5 months back, "Paramore will never put out another record ever again." They are way too huge now and with all the fame and publicity and pushing and shoving going on with the label, taking full advantage of how young they are, combined with the fact that Hayley got 100% of the attention all the time, someones bound to lose their damn mind and quit.

I really really enjoyed Paramore's first two CD's, and the song "Careful" from their new CD (every other song was meh imo). Not to mention they were SPECTACULAR live, very tight and VERY powerful. I had suspected they were fabricated all along, and now that this is confirmed, it won't change my opinion on the music they put out. Good music is good music, whatever sounds good to my ears, I will enjoy, without any drama in the back of my mind. Too bad they won't be putting out any more music :ugh:

british beef

Reaction score
So from what im gathering these guys were for lack of a better word "hired guns". In that position I'd act like a hired gun, treat it like a business and do my job until I could get another one. At the end of the day paramore are at the point where its a brand name and she's the face of the brand, like it or not thats the way it works and that's the reason these guys were getting paid. The music business is a horrible, corrupt business and if you want to make money you should be prepared to shut up and do your job. Just my opinion anyway.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
So from what im gathering these guys were for lack of a better word "hired guns". In that position I'd act like a hired gun, treat it like a business and do my job until I could get another one. At the end of the day paramore are at the point where its a brand name and she's the face of the brand, like it or not thats the way it works and that's the reason these guys were getting paid. The music business is a horrible, corrupt business and if you want to make money you should be prepared to shut up and do your job. Just my opinion anyway.

From my understanding of the situation, the brothers essentially founded the band. Had it not been for them jamming in their basement, Paramore would never have started. Instead it'd be 'Hayley Williams and the Guys' or maybe something more Christ-like. Ha.

If a band that I started got HUGE, and I started getting treated like some dude they just hired, I'd be pissed. It's not like the label handed those guys sheet music and said, "play this live". They, along with the others, created that music. It's as much theirs as it is anyone elses.

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score

I agree with you fully on this. While I give them props for starting the band and I do understand their frustration with wanting to be given more credit, at the same time they are too young to understand that this is a job, and they are extremely fortunate to be making millions by playing on stage. They've never had real jobs and don't understand how lucky they were. they'll realize it later, and regret it. Real world's gonna bite them in the ass!

british beef

Reaction score
From my understanding of the situation, the brothers essentially founded the band. Had it not been for them jamming in their basement, Paramore would never have started. Instead it'd be 'Hayley Williams and the Guys' or maybe something more Christ-like. Ha.

If a band that I started got HUGE, and I started getting treated like some dude they just hired, I'd be pissed. It's not like the label handed those guys sheet music and said, "play this live". They, along with the others, created that music. It's as much theirs as it is anyone elses.

But they wouldn't have made their money if it wasn't marketed towards her. Pure and simple, they got big and left their own band. If they'd formed and gone about things properly and got management themselves maybe things would be different but essentially they were handed a golden egg in the form of hayley williams. I mean fuck it, for that kind of money I'd write the music and play backstage where no-one could see me.

megano28

7 String Newbie
Reaction score
what's this about people seeing her rack? send me a pm with the link guys :lol:

seriously though, what did they expect with a girl in control?

Dan

Reaction score
I agree with you fully on this. While I give them props for starting the band and I do understand their frustration with wanting to be given more credit, at the same time they are too young to understand that this is a job, and they are extremely fortunate to be making millions by playing on stage. They've never had real jobs and don't understand how lucky they were. they'll realize it later, and regret it. Real world's gonna bite them in the ass!

Why should they be treated like second class hired help when they formed the band and write the music? Yes they are VERY fortunate for what they have, but at the same time i bet they have earned FAR less than Haley all because of pushy parents and labels.

If anything i can see them starting another band and getting just as much exposure.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
But they wouldn't have made their money if it wasn't marketed towards her. Pure and simple, they got big and left their own band. If they'd formed and gone about things properly and got management themselves maybe things would be different but essentially they were handed a golden egg in the form of hayley williams. I mean fuck it, for that kind of money I'd write the music and play backstage where no-one could see me.

I'm honestly not so sure. The appeal of Paramore isn't 100% Hayley Williams. It is for us nasty guys, but I can't think of many hetero girls going crazy for her. It's not Jonny Craig from Chiodos or Oli Sykes (that fag) from BMTH where girls go nuts for the cute guy in a band.

I would very much rather get credit for making great music. If these guys really just wanted to make money writing music, they could get jobs as songwriters. They wouldn't have to tour, and be away from their families, and they'd still be gettin' paid.

If you just wanna make money off music, start writing beats and selling them to wannabe Houston rappers :lol:

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
Why should they be treated like second class hired help when they formed the band and write the music? Yes they are VERY fortunate for what they have, but at the same time i bet they have earned FAR less than Haley all because of pushy parents and labels.

If anything i can see them starting another band and getting just as much exposure.

I don't think they would have gotten any exposure without Hayley. They'd be delusional if they think they'd be where they are now without Hayley.

british beef

Reaction score

They've still earned more than they would of without her. Its sad, its unfortunate but no amount of bitching will change that now for them. It was the pushy parents and management that got them the fame in the first place. It's extremely unfair that they probably get paid less but if they're writing the music then I'm sure they get royalties as songwriters else they're very stupid and green to the music business. Major labels are interested in people like hayley, vocalists are the centerpoint of 99% of all popular music, its the way it works. Sure she probably is a bitch and they may not of been dealt the fairest hand but business is business :coffee:

Dan

Reaction score
^ really? Their music is very very good for their age, you cant deny that.

Maybe they wouldnt be as big as they are, that is true. But would you just take it if you had written all of these awesome songs and you wernt getting the right recognition and your label tried to fire you every 5 minutes?

Maybe you could deal with that, but i know for a fact id be pissed off and id want to leave. Maybe its not about the money for them? Maybe its about the music.

british beef

Reaction score
I'm honestly not so sure. The appeal of Paramore isn't 100% Hayley Williams. It is for us nasty guys, but I can't think of many hetero girls going crazy for her. It's not Jonny Craig from Chiodos or Oli Sykes (that fag) from BMTH where girls go nuts for the cute guy in a band.

I would very much rather get credit for making great music. If these guys really just wanted to make money writing music, they could get jobs as songwriters. They wouldn't have to tour, and be away from their families, and they'd still be gettin' paid.

If you just wanna make money off music, start writing beats and selling them to wannabe Houston rappers :lol:

If paramore came back with different band members, how many people who just casually check out the charts, buy the single and dont really delve too deep into the music they buy and listen to would actually care? And writing beats that actually make you money is NOWHERE near as easy as you make it out to be, crafting pop music and writing tracks that will make you millions is probably more difficult than writing a mathcore/djent/death metal song. The production is second to none, you have to place things in the right place so the hooks drop appropriatly and the right amount of times. I dont really like the squeaky clean pop, off the shelf chart music but I appreciate that it's some very well written polished music that is a lot harder than just "making a beat".

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I dunno, I've always found it easier to write simplistic and poppy music in 4/4 than off-the-wall mathcore in 19/32 with two highly syncopated guitars, a keyboard lead, and in-time vocals :nuts:

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
And writing beats that actually make you money is NOWHERE near as easy as you make it out to be, crafting pop music and writing tracks that will make you millions is probably more difficult than writing a mathcore/djent/death metal song. The production is second to none, you have to place things in the right place so the hooks drop appropriatly and the right amount of times. I dont really like the squeaky clean pop, off the shelf chart music but I appreciate that it's some very well written polished music that is a lot harder than just "making a beat".

This is true. Writing a pop masterpiece that appeals to everyone takes a LOT of talent.

british beef

Reaction score
I dunno, I've always found it easier to write simplistic and poppy music in 4/4 than off-the-wall mathcore in 19/32 with two highly syncopated guitars, a keyboard lead, and in-time vocals :nuts:

its easy to write simple but hard to write good simple that'll sell. It become less about creativity and more about finesse and wroking to a blueprint that I for one can't do very well. With more experimental music, it's so off the wall that you have free range to pretty much write want you want, pure artistic freedom where you don't have to make it appeal to anyone but yourself. Writing music where it has to appeal to your average joe to the point that they'll be humming it days and even years after hearing it takes a lot of talent. Yes it is easier to play but not easier to write.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Fuck me, I can't believe I read all of this. :lol:

This will turn out exactly like Amy Lee and "Evanescence" where her band will all probably quit and start something else just like the previous band but the new chick singer won't be such a twat. Does "We Are The Fallen" ring any bells?

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
1.i'm not surprised about this happening. paramore struck me as a "trainwreck waiting to happen" type of band.

also, "God is leading us somewhere greater"

enjoy your minimum wage job.

all jokes aside, paramore were a decent band, and it's kinda lame that they're shooting the shit back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.