I unknowingly bought a Kiesel that someone made a 22 page thread complaining about.

• Thread starter Lord Voldemort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Interesting, that's not my interpretation of the situation at all haha, I mean we'll never truly know as Holloway said.

Based on this guy's severe lack of proper understanding of how guitars work, his huge swings and misses pertaining to other issues the perceived the guitar to have and straight up made worse with his overconfident ineptitude in trying to fix them, his severe paranoia pertaining to what the causation of these non-existent problems were and his attitude and continual moaning about the flaws that the guitar still had that I know for fact aren't present as I now possess it (won't stay in tune, harsh shrill pickups) I don't think he has a lot of credibility. Kiesel literally just said that they needed to be tightened, that's a quote from the tech. I'll stuff his logic as to the problem in the same category of the warped maxxed truss rod because of wet wood.
So we must assume that your experience would have been identical to his? The difference would only have been in your own behavior and the degree of face value to it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
So we must assume that your experience would have been identical to his? The difference would only have been in your own behavior and the degree of face value to it?

In regards to the loose tuners, sure. That seems to be the most consistent, reasonable complaint that both parties acknowledge. I would have probably taken it to my local tech, if I couldn't just tighten them myself. Bearing the results of that, who knows.

I was referring to the video topic in general, posting it here is irrelevant.

Ah my bad B, I was reading your post in context with others like it. You deserve better. I'm sorry. I disagree with your sentiment though.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
giphy.gif

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Some guy did a three post long NGD the other day and got like 100+ likes on it. Maybe try that for your next one.

I think it took that guy like 3 weeks of prep to make that NGD. Not everyone can commit more time to a NGD than to a term paper. Also I personally believe that most of the likes were in reference to the James Tyler that was also included in the post.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I enjoy how whether or not youtube links gets criticized comes down entirely to whether or not the forum decides they like you, seemingly regardless of how much engagement in the forum comes from it.

GuitarJon posts a new thread for just about every video on his channel, and it's very "youtuber" content. But he gets a pass because folks like him, and he engages with the forum. Lord V does exactly the same thing, engages just as much, and this is "bad" for "reasons".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I enjoy how whether or not youtube links gets criticized comes down entirely to whether or not the forum decides they like you, seemingly regardless of how much engagement in the forum comes from it.

GuitarJon posts a new thread for just about every video on his channel, and it's very "youtuber" content. But he gets a pass because folks like him, and he engages with the forum. Lord V does exactly the same thing, engages just as much, and this is "bad" for "reasons".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ss.org gonna ss.org

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
Were the 22 pages written by the same guy? That's a lot of complaints, even for a guitar forum.

Nice guitar BTW.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Not beating the view farming allegations there

Y'all got me. I posted here for views, and that's it. I posted it here and called my wife and I said, "cancel this months rent check baby, we're getting a new house, I just posted my video to ss.org and you know that shit's going to go viral now. I'm the next Ola Englund."

I do seem to farm some spontaneous hate around here, don't I? I'd like to think that it's because I make certain men jealous with my outrageous shredding technique and alpha male Joe Rogan physique but in reality it's probably because I'm a fat insufferable cunt. We'll never truly know.

Last edited:

Crundles

Reaction score

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I love youtube videos in threads. Scrolling past a single video is much easier than scrolling past a 2-page rant about Solar inlays.

Also, occasionally people are actually good at guitar, and I get to think "whoa, that could definitely be me, if i practised more than once per season!"

I genuinely like videos, seeing people play guitar is cool, more people should be doing that

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
I do seem to farm some spontaneous hate around here, don't I? I'd like to think that it's because I make certain men jealous with my outrageous shredding technique and alpha male Joe Rogan physique but in reality it's probably because I'm a fat insufferable cunt. We'll never truly know.

Just mention Slayer or Periphery. That'll keep 'em busy.

Deflect the hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.